DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2010 Magnaflow 18" + Y-Pipe INSTALLED

59K views 145 replies 46 participants last post by  AllUCIsTailLights 
#1 ·
After weeks of research, countless hours on youtube, and 3 hours at the shop.....IT'S DONE!!! :SHOCKED:
Step one

Out with the old, in with the new....

See ya CRAP Y!

Almost shot a video of this!!! :)

Much better!!!!

How it crosses to the other side of the truck to hit the Y

It sounds GREAT on start up, slightly deeper tone at idle without being louder, and sounds WICKED at WOT. I'll throw the before and after videos up when I find a quiet place and a throttle operator!

See less See more
#8 ·
That is correct. They cut the pipe at the outlet of each cat and ran new 2.5" tubing to the Y under the passenger seat and straight back to the muffler, stock tailpipes slightly modified to fit the muffler outlets. The Y is magnaflow part 10778.

#11 ·
Most definately! I got really lucky on the labor, my friend owns an exhaust shop. It took 3 hours and two whole sections of pipe and he only charged me 3 hrs at 45 bucks = 135. Most shops will probably be around 200-250 for that kind of work. Flows and sounds awesome though!!!

#12 ·
Shoot, with a couple of aftermarket, high flow cats you could have had true duals all the way back! Your buddy went that far and just about had it ready! Looks great though! Great mod and that rumble at idle is just enough to let you know you have a Hemi and the wot is to die for!( I just got exhaust also lol)

#16 ·
very nice sound

#19 ·
The 4.7 liter motors sound great with exhaust too, my buddy has an 06 4.7 with a flowmaster and turn downs, GREAT!!! I got it done at Benders is SW OKC. It's on SW 89th between Santa Fe and Walker. A guy came in while I was getting mine done, and was quoted 150 for a muffler and turndowns. The guy is good! If you need the phone number, let me know!!! :)

#24 ·
Exhaust sounds great. Might do this when it comes time for me to get my exhuast. Cant decide if I want the pre fabed muffler or if I want the y pipe and new muffler.

#25 ·
Exhaust sounds great. Might do this when it comes time for me to get my exhuast. Cant decide if I want the pre fabed muffler or if I want the y pipe and new muffler.
Prefab is easy, but it is 239, i got all my stuff plus install for 250....see where I'm coming from :) Cherry Bomb make a "mufflex" bolt in muffler kit as well....so ya know!

And thank you, I still love the sound..my rear window is open a lot now for some weird reason!

#28 ·
Nice work, looks great. I love the y-pipe mod. Anything more efficient looking (Smooth flowing) always seems like the better way to go. I'm surprised it was only slightly louder with such a size difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.