DODGE RAM FORUM banner

DIY Dual Relay/Dual Trigger Harness

949 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Talon66 
#1 · (Edited)
Ive been running HIDs in my ram since I bought it, recently the relay harness shit the bed. So I decided to make Dual relay, dual trigger harness.

What you will need.
- two 12V Relays
- Soldering Iron
- Solder
- 12ft Red 14 gauge wire
- 12ft black 14 gauge wire
- 2 male 9006 connectors
- 2 female 9006 connectors
- 1 Inline fuse w/30a
- Electrical tape
- 1 Eyelet Electrical connector
- Heat Shrink
- 3/8 loom
- 7" zip ties

The previous relay I was using only used the driver side connection to trigger the relay to turn on both lights, as it started to fail one light would not come on.

With this set up, each light triggers its own HID ballast, that way if a light does fail it will be easier to diagnose.

I made 2 harnesses (1 for my headlights, 1 for my foglights) for about $66, which included buying a soldering iron

Pins #30, I soldered 1 red wire to each connection.
Then soldered those 2 red wires into 1 connection with an inline 30A fuse

Pins #87, I soldered 1 red wire to the passenger side 9006 male connection, and another I soldered to the drivers side 9006 male connection

I then soldered two different ground wires from each male connection, made the drivers side short, passenger side long. Then did a 2 to 1 connection. And finally connected an Eyelet connection at the end.

Pin#86 is the 'trigger' that will activate the relay sending power to #87 triggering the HID Ballast.
Pin#85 is ground.

I again soldered one connection for + and - to each relay. Using a female 9006 connection.

Use the loom to cover the wires, use electrical tape to secure it.

After all is said and done hook it up and it should work like a charm! No error eliminators or Anti-flicker units.

See less See more
Reactions: RogerRamJet
#4 ·
Hahaha, I was wondering how you knew my name, then I realized I used my Photobucket.

Nice, I like it! :)

(86 is the actual trigger, and 85 is a ground)

Cheers,

Var
Yes you are correct, I could have worded that differently

#3 ·
Nice, I like it! :)

(86 is the actual trigger, and 85 is a ground)

Cheers,

Var

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.