DODGE RAM FORUM banner

The GF Performance Chip

20K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  orionbataan1 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed this chip ? And does increse MPG ? 2011 Ram 1500 hemi Thanks

#2 ·
Ive never heard of the GF chip but so far there are no tuners available for the 2011s other than i believe the hypertech that only lets you change gear ration and tire size

#4 ·
GForce chip WARRING!!!

If you thinking about the GForce chips Please read these reviews http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/GForceChipscom-206391778 They are a scam I have posted a warring please spread this around and we hope they will be taken off this site also.

Hi I ordered a chip from you. My email said it would ship in 1 to 2 weeks, so at the end of the second week I called you 877-599-2447 phone number,when you rep came on the phone I asked him questions about my order and first off , He asked for my zip code and then told me that it would not ship till the 23, then I ask about the email that said it would ship in 1-2 weeks, he started to get very loud and rude. Then he again said it would not ship for 3-4 weeks. So I asked again about the email, so he asked my name, then started to yell at me that it was shipped last wed. So I asked if I was scammed over this order. He then continued yelling at me, so I asked for a supervisor, he then hung up on me. I called back he answered again I then asked for a supervisor, He once again continued yelling at me and said their is no supervisor there and put me on hold, I called back and the same person answered once again he said his name was Terry and his supervisor name was Simon and to email him and hung up again. If this is the way your company dose business I really question weather I feel safe to put this chip on my truck, if in fact I do receive the chip. I have posted this on the web site that is advertising your chips to warm anyone else of how I was treaded, it is a forum for trucks. The call was made at 3:30P.M. MST ( Utah time) on Friday march 9. Not a happy customer Shawn.

I wish the reviews where posted here before I ordered the chip. Its seems that Terry treats the customers very poorly he has been named on the review pages also don't be scamed!! Thanks Shawn!

#5 ·
I can't believe this still comes up after all these years. I remember back when the HEMI first came out these things started popping up. There really needs to be a sticky on this, on every Automotive forum in existence.:att:

This is nothing more than the IAT(Intake air temp) Mod. All it does is trick the computer into running the engine richer. It is nothing more than a resistor and it's something you can do yourself for less than a dollar. However, and this has been debated, any gains (if any)wouldn't be noticeable and all your gonna do is waste more gas. :smiledown:

So please make a sticky, and basically state that any "Chip mod" that has to do with the IAT sensor is a complete bunch of BS. Stay far away guys..:box2:

#9 ·
Ya, don't even accept the package, let it R.T.S.!

#13 ·
I ordered a chip from this guy a 1/2 hour ago and I agree with Ramv1002. The guy is really rude. I read the forum after (duh) I ordered and decided to pull it. I called and I said I wanted to cancel. He said canceled and hung up on me. Looks like a company going down the tubes and a pissed off individual on the phone. I would not send it back with R.T.S. on it because I would fear they would just trash it and claim it never came. Your better off throwing it in another envelope unopened and take pictures. and send it back certified mail. To good to be true. They also have a bunch of crap about them on the Better Business Bureau website. If you can't get resolution from the company call the BBB. They work quick and get results. Next time I will do more research.

#16 ·
After reading this thread, I hate to admit that I did purchase one of these and install it in the quest for more HP and better MPG's.
It did seem to add some pep to the engine. The MPG's did not improve though even with easy driving. The onboard MPG checker got fooled by this gadget. I was double checking my mileage with an iPhone app and it did not improve, actually got worse. I have taken it off.
Just glad I didn't spend any more than I did on it!

#17 ·
Hello, I did get a full refund from GForce chip. I went on the California BBB web site and used one of there forms filled in the blank and emailed it to them, they were quick to do a full refund. This guy Terry is making big money off the people who don’t know it’s a scam. For everyone who requests a refund, or just says screw it did not work it was only $70, He makes big money, most times he keeps the 25% restocking fee, or the whole amount. So this is a buyer beware thing, It would be a good thing for these forum to take GForce chips off the site, but it must be a money thing for them also nothing is free! Good luck people!!!

#18 ·
Well just thought I would throw an update out there. They lived up to my expectations!!!
I contacted them to get an RA # which they replied was my order number. I returned it right away without opening the package. Then about 1 week or so later my money was refunded. Welllll not all of it!!! I can see keeping the shipping cost's that is only fair. But they also retained a 25% restocking fee.. I inquired as to why they would charge me a restocking fee to an item that wasn't opened, versus an item that I took out of the package installed and wasn't satisfied with. Their only reply was to quote from their return policy and that was the end of it. So as I said that lived up to my expectations completely. My biggest regret other than the money is that I didn't see the warnings earlier.. Be good all. and remember, if it seems to good to be true, it is!!!

#20 ·
Bullydog's hemi plus tuner works awesome in my opinion. I have a 2011 ram 1500. I ran it hard in a stock 0-100 km/h (basically a 0-60) and clocked in at 13.54 sec, didn't catch my speed. After the bullydog tuner install, and a cold air intake I ran it again, 9.83 sec... That's without the true dual on there now. I will run a test again next week. As for mpg I'm averaging 14. I do mostly hwy driving

Oh, should probably tell you, this isn't in a hemi! It's a 4.7L! :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.