Buy it or not

• HELL YEAH GET IT!!!

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Don't do it man!!

Votes: 2 22.2%

Your opinions before I buy

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  TruckeeT2 
#1 ·
I'm a second away for buying a Borla Cat-Back Exhaust. Amazon has it the cheapest and I can use my Amazon Card and get the points so I can get some free stuff. :smileup:

I'm running a 2010 Ram 1500 w/ 5.7 HEMI. I have already installed American Racing Headers and Y-Pipe. I installed a Mufflex set-up when I first got my truck, since that I've put 35,000+ miles on my truck. That and the stock piping aren't holding up too great so I wanted to go with the Borla MAINLY for their million mile warranty and being made out of all S/S.

My truck now is too loud for morning start-ups, especially when I use the remote start in the morning and let it idle for 5 minutes. Other than that I love the way it sounds on take off and cruising on the highway.

My question to my fellow DF readers is, 1) What do you think about adding Borla to the set-up I have going on my truck. 2) If anyone on here has or known anyone that had a Borla system on their 5.7 Hemi (any year/model)

#3 ·
Most everyone I've talked to said Borla has a more mild sound to it.

#5 ·
Good to know, I could get over the loud start ups in the mornings and so can my neighbors. lol

#10 ·
Thanks, If I do get the Borla system I'll post new videos on YouTube. Love the Headers, had on for 20,000 miles and still look like new. Can't go wrong with these headers. I plan on keeping my truck for a lonnnnnnng time so that was what helped me make up my mind on the headers.

#11 ·
It sounds like you've replaced the whole exhaust system at this point, so I was curious about what was "breaking down" in the components that you don't like?...rust, bad hangers, buned out muffler, or something else? From your description, it sounds like you could perhaps only have a small section of 3" pipe, but maybe I'm reading you incorrectly...or do you still have that "flattened" pipe section coming from the driver side that goes under the tranny?

I have a Borla muffler on my '12 Express and have had a similar sized...19" body...Magnaflow. I think they're pretty similar in sound. They're both stainless, so I'm not sure longevity will be different. And please understand that I'm not trying to talk you out of the Borla system, as I love Borla products. If it's the 14" muffler in your current setup, then I can understand maybe wanting to tone it down a bit with a slightly longer setup. I love the way the 19" XS Borla sounds in my existing system. As Goldilocks said, "It's just right"...LOL!

#13 ·
I don't have the stock y-pipe, I have the ARH y-pipe that's not flat. There really wasn't anything wrong with the mufflex system in was the stock dual tailpipes that were starting to show wear. (Rust, leaking) I want to have my whole system welded except where the y-pipe crosses the transmission pan. I like the way my trucks sounds but really want the Borla quality (plus their million mile warranty).

From what I have herd from many people (DF and friends) that I won't be sorry with the Borla system with how I have my truck set-up.

TNC - Did you replace your system from your y-pipe back or just the muffler?

#14 ·
No coating on my headers. I talked to the ARH tech and told me I would be fine. Didn't really realize how many DF members on here did theirs or I may have. But, they're all S/S so I'm hoping I'll be fine.

I still have yet to run my truck at the track, I'm curious to see how she does. I'll be at 200,000 miles fast, I drive 110 miles round trip to work. 98% highway miles :smiley_thumbs_up:

#16 ·
15 months at 37,000 and I use my s-10 blazer too. Also Included at 2,600 mile round trip to Minnesota from Jersey.

#17 ·
T2, I only did the muffler. On your mufflex setup, I thought that it was a complete setup with the muffler and dual tailpipes? If you still have the stock rear pipes, I can see wanting to go the direction you're headed. It's a great system with excellent quality. I just thought your mufflex was a muffler and complete dual tailpipe system. Sorry for the confusion.

#18 ·
I wish it was. lol

I figure it'll be the last exhaust I'll have to install :smileup:

#20 ·
Just ordered it!!! I'll post a video of it all installed on the rig!

Thanks for all the help/info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.