DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Time for a new exhaust

978 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  u8mylunch 
#1 ·
Time for a new exhaust for my '05 Ram 2500 Hemi. Anyone have any experience with the cat-back kits from Flowmaster, Magnaflow, or some other company I haven't heard of. Just wanted to check with the gang before dropping some cash.

#2 ·
Depends on the sound you want. Flowmaster and magnaflow are probably the top of the game when it comes to exhaust. I went with a cherrybomb extreme kit and love it, nice deep purr on the outside with minimal cabin noise. Check youtube there are lots of postings of almost any exhaust kit out there.

#4 ·
on my 96 5.9 i did a full magnaflow system with customs stainless pipes...true duals from the manifold, 2 hogh flow cats and magnaflow stinaless mufflers...AWESOME...it was loud though, but amazing. my friend has the truck now that i have a 2010 ram, but i sure miss the exhaust on the new one...if i had an extra grand laying around...id take the new out to get done too...just maybe not so aggressive until i hit the gas...

#7 ·
Tons of sound videos here and on youtube. That's how I found the one I liked. I went with the 18" Magnaflow. I also have stock dual exhaust (Not true duals) Sounds great. But I don't like the MDS sound when it kicks in. I may be getting old though. LMAO

#8 ·
Without any drone I would recommend the Corsa. They make a system from their performance side of the house and not the DB. I have had Corsa on two other vehicles and have been very pleased with the sound. The part number on the Crew cab /short bed is 14481. If you have a different cab/bed configuration go to the Corsa site. My two cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.