DODGE RAM FORUM banner

flo-pro/magnaflow same thing?

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rd4life2 
#1 ·
Hello Men, went to purchase an 18 in. sido magnaflow, parts man wants to sell me a flo pro. They look identical, same size etc. He says only difference is flopro does not carry the lifetime warranty. Does anybody have experience with this brand ? Thank You Very Much.

#3 ·
funny, i went to the Flo Pro website & whoever makes it does NOT tell you even where they make the parts, not even the State

MagnaFlow is up front about everything

the parts man is trying to sell you prime land in a swamp

#4 ·
My room mate works at APD (Automotive Parts Distributors) and he tells me:

Flo-pro kits are made in Blackfalds. Most of the kits are patterned off of Magnaflow but instead of using stainless steel like Magna, they use aluminized steel tubing; which is why they do not offer lifetime warranty.

#6 ·
Yup, material specification is different. Seeing as they are patterned off of Magnaflow, sound is similar. I am sure I would have heard one in person before, however, I couldn't pin point that exhaust over another. I haven't run into anyone who has told me specifically they are running a Flo-pro exhaust.

Still if it were my choice, I would go with the Magnaflow. I like the idea of the lifetime warranty available.

#7 ·
I just removed a flo pro from a 2019 Ram Hemi classic dual, and replaced with the Magna flow 5x11. The flo pro is a 4x9. The sound is nearly identical. I can't tell the difference except at cold start. Flo pro had a bit more drone. Highway speeds is where the Magna flow technology shines. It's where the main difference shows. Magna flow, no drone. Flo pro, lots of that low, unshakable drone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.