DODGE RAM FORUM banner

exhaust

757 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SS4Luck 
#1 ·
what will headers do to my daily driver pros/ cons any info ?

#2 ·
Assume longtubes?

Pro's:
More/better sound, they will retain less heat, better performance, look cool...

Negatives:
Plug wires are usually a concern if they touch the headers they burn. Also, bolts on headers like to loosen for no reason. If you get cheap one's the flange at the head may be thin and could warp causing leaks. Welds could be bad and break. Cheap materials could degrade in time and cause holes/leaks. Also you have to deal with having a shop "custom" fabricating it to meet the rest of your exhaust piping, and move/delete cats or whatever, and then you have to deal with the CEL with cats being out of the way.

My freind and I put a cheapo set of ebay longtubes on his camaro about 3 years ago, and we have to take them off in the upcoming weekends to weld the holes shut in them since the material was cheap and not it leaks like crazy. It was a PITA to install them on his car, I don't know about yours, but I told him if we take them off he ought to just buy a good set to put back on so we don't have to waste another weekend in the future redoing it a 3rd time.

#4 ·
My friend had gibsons on his third gen hemi, they were great and lasted, but they were pricey I think. Somewhere around $1,000 give or take if I remember correctly. Definitely get stainless steel or ceramic coated, something that won't rust out fast. Also, the thicker gauge pipe the better, and the thicker the flanges the better.

#5 ·
joe youll have to let me know how this whole transistion works with your truck. i was gonna look into it in the future after a few other mods. do you have a RC or a QC and is it 4x2 or 4x4.
jimmy

#8 ·
I've rub all the major brands of headers on my camaro and ordered a set of American Racing for Snow white. They are what I ran on my camaro in the end and I will be ordering a custom set again from then when i finally get my BBC into it.

They're product is amazing, and their customer service is the best I have come across in the industry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.