DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rear end recall?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  dodgert 
#1 ·
2011 R/T Does this recall effect us and if so has anybody got it done?

#5 ·
I have a 2011 R/T and got the recall notice many months ago but no follow up notice yet. The R/T as well other regular cab rams are built in mexico so maybe they won't
have this pinion nut coming loose issue... That being said I think I am going to pull my driveshaft off and take a look.

#7 ·
I've installed a bunch of them already, The tech checks the torque of the pinion nut, if the nut turns you get a new ring and pinion, if it doesn't turn a ceramic retainer is installed around the nut that keeps it from spinning. Parts have been available for a while where I work.

#8 ·
I just had mine done. Only some VINs need it done. If your VIN needs it, they check the torch of your pinion bolt. If over 100 ft lbs but under 140 the shim it and re-torch it. If under 100 lbs, they rebuild it. I was fortunate enough to need the rebuild.

I hope your dealer does cleaner work than mine did or at least uses black sealant.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.