DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Installed Corsa DB & Magnaflow Y pipe

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Revel Performance 
#1 · (Edited)
Recently had Corsa DB catback exhaust #24405 installed on my 2012 Laramie Longhorn Hemi. I also had the exhaust shop weld in my magnaflow y pipe.

My observations: If you are going to bother doing a catback system or have an exhaust shop fab up an entirely new exhaust system then I would recommend the y pipe, especially if you plan on doing more extensive mods. The factory y pipe is pathetic. I looked at it after they cut it out and the pipe is really squished down-I don't know why because there is plenty of clearance for it to be done right. The shop did a great job of installing the catback exhaust and y pipe. I had them also weld in the catback system so I don't have to worry about it coming loose. Only took them an hour and 15 min. and cost $150.

Like all the reviews I read on the corsa-there is absolutely no drone and in the cab it is hardly noticeable over stock-very quiet. It is definitely louder than stock outside the cab, but definitely not way louder. I actually thought it would be louder than what it is-with that being said it is as loud as the Magnaflow catback (dual out the back as well) that I had on my 07' Ram Hemi. The tips are 4" on this system which I think look good-although some guys like the 5". Anyhow-I am happy with my purchase and would not choose another catback. If you like it loud then I would recommend just doing a muffler delete (cheap route) or go to an electric cutout. I have a QTP on my 01' Carmaro and love it. It has broke 1 time in 9 years and QTP replaced it for $45. I strongly considered it again. If nothing else I can always add one to this system. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
....and for those interested-the cheapest place on the internet was streetsideauto for the Corsa catback for $647. However, I called up AutoAnything and they knocked 10% off their price-so I bought from them for $633.

#5 ·
A great selection for an exhaust system that's about as good as it gets in all facets.

Congratulations.

PS: Next time you negotiate with AutoAnything, find the lowest price ANYWHERE you can, tell them to MATCH that price and then to give you a FURTHER 10-percent off; you should have paid about $50.00 less than what you ultimately ended up paying had that have been the route taken. That's what they should have done in the first place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.