DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4th Gen Stripes

27K views 59 replies 46 participants last post by  VikeFan 
#1 ·
I think everyone recognizes my truck as being the first White 4th Gen with the "hash stripes" or "war paint", Challenger stripes, whatever you want to call them. Well now that I am seeing more and more Rams with them... I want to change things up a bit and maybe start a new trend :D:D:D

What's everyone thoughts about this:

In case anyone doesn't recognize the inspiration for this idea, here is the inspiration:

See less See more
#45 ·
#49 ·
Norseman Edition

#56 ·
My dealer accidentally installed this single black faux carbon fibre stripe on mine. It didn't actually look bad....just didn't fit the lines of the hood.

Then when I brought it to their attention, they changed it out for the correct one...the faux carbon fibre Sport hood split decal.

#58 ·
This completely sold me on going with the Bushwackers for mine!!
I'm running 305's on Black Rhino wheels and it looks like they stick out about as far as yours. I was concerned that the Bushwackers would offer too much coverage and make them look tucked in again.

#59 ·
Hash stripe placement?

Greetings, I ordered a 2' x 5' sheet of charcoal metallic 1080 3M material to make my own hash marks, $21.00 from eBay. Much cheaper to make your own.

My truck is a 2016 Sport CC, Crystal black.

Tentative plan is to cut 4pcs. 4 " wide x 24" long.
(That's only 16" out of 60" I have to work with so could get more creative or sell some spares?

So my questions are, is there stock measurements for correct factory placement for the stripes such as on the R/T models? So many inches from edge of hood or door jamb?

Also the correct width and length? I see various sizes advertised, 4" x22" with 1" spacing, a popular size for the short look that I believe I'm going for.

Also see two 5" wide, or 4" and 3.5" combos. What comes stock from dealers?
I realize a lot of it is personal preference and not sure about the color I chose, but wanted something darker to be more subtle. May be a dark gray or Matt black, or even metallic black on crystal black paint? Any photos of black trucks with war paint! Hash stripes?

Lastly the angle of the stipe and spacing, Measurements may answer that, but also figured having a Sport hood may help line up top angle and starting place and just wing it, but measurements would be great if anyone has instal directions.

The 3M 1080 material is a stick-on dry installation with air release technology so any tips on installing appreciated. Heat gun needed? Thanks for your input.
Best regards, Prowlen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.