DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2001 Ram 2500 engine replacment project

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Toms Blue Ram 1500 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that I have completed the engine replacment and so far so good. I will have the pictures of the project up soon. Nothing special about the project, just put another 5.9 magnum back in fron the boneyard, but just wanted to share the expierence with you all. Oh yeah, the old motor had a cracked cylinder head, coolant got in the oil and washed main bearings,connecting rod bearings, cam bearings out and she was a knocking!!

#2 ·
Ram 5.9 magnum v8 engine project photos

Hi everyone, here are some pictures that I took during the engine project. Enjoy!

Attachments

#4 ·
Nice pics man, looks like a project I would so love to get my hands on, lol, thanks for the pics! Gotta love the space you have to work with, plenty of clearance there without having to remove the hood. :smileup:

- Cajun

#5 ·
Might be nothing special, lol, but still a cool project nonetheless, but a direct swap like that doesn't present too many complications. Saw your pics, nice job! :smileup:

- Cajun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.