DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Clay Bar

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  UN4GTBL 
#1 ·
Hey guys. This isn't a MOD but a friend of mine turned me onto the clay bar. You use a spray lubricant like Meguiars mist and detailing spray to keep the body panel wet then you mold clay into the form of a small pancake then rub it over the body panel. It removes all the contaminents that are stuck in the clear coat. Talk about SHINE!!!....You can brush your teeth in the shine. Check out these pics after I did the clay bar process. And I didn't even wax it yet.....I got on Youtube and there are lots of Vids showing the proper way to use the claybar. My wife has a 2004 Nissan that looked like crap, I did the clay bar on her car and it worked wonders for it....Check out these pics and notice the reflections of my neighborhood on my truck.:smileup:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yep I have to agree the clay bar is a great way to restore the shine of your vehicles paint! When I first used it I was pretty surprised to see how well it worked.

I would not suggest using it very often. They say to use it once or twice a year. You have a new truck so maybe once a year will be fine.

#3 ·
how long did it take you; start to finish?

Looks great!

#6 ·
You have a gorgeous truck man, nice job on the claybar, too, thanks for sharing the pics! :smileup:

- Cajun

#7 ·
Good looking pictures. However it isn't the claybar that is doing the shinning. All the claybar does is take off industrial fallout, overspray, road tar, tree sap, and anything else that is hiding the actual paint itself. Always make sure you follow up with either a sealant or carnuba wax after you clay your vehicle as it will take EVERYTHING off down to the clear coat. One tip that I may add to help speed up the process of claying is the next time you all want to clay your vehicle, wash it as normal, rinse it as normal but don't dry it off. Instead spray the lubricant over the area you want to clay. A lot of people I know wash, rinse, DRY, then clay. The detail mist will actually neutralize the water so you shouldn't have any water spots. Any that you do come across will be taken care of once you clay that area. This will save you anywhere from 15-30 minutes. Just a quick tip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.