DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Let's See Your Ram Working!

129K views 797 replies 181 participants last post by  NevadaMike 
#1 ·
Helped a friend haul hay for his hobby farm.

Crappy cell phone pic...

26 square bales. It just softened the ride out a little...:smiley_thumbs_up:

So gang, let's see pics of your trucks doing what trucks were originally built for...hauling stuff!

See less See more
Reactions: DOZER
#72 ·
Thanks. Ill prolly lift it 4" cause i still need to use it for towing and hauling stuff. Cant lift it till after my wedding in aug. Just ordered an air lift bag kit and gonna order a trinity when tax return comes in. I really want amp power steps but a grand is pretty steep

#74 ·
It sounds good, but how would that effect the ride of the truck if you go back to the stock springs? I wouldn't want to see some one shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to gains they have already made.
Sorry man you lost me lol. I don't understand what you're asking. If I swap back to the stock springs then it will just be a stock suspension truck.

#81 ·
Yeah. That truck took the load pretty good. A couple weeks back I had a 1000lbs of sheetrock and still wasn't level. Have no clue how much that wood weighed but it was on the bumpstops for sure. Only had to move 2 miles with it. Can't complain at all. Engine didn't even know and was still in eco mode most of the time. Looking at picking up a set of Airlifts within the next few weeks. Looks like all the people who have them love them and I can't complain when i can get them for just under 70$

#82 ·
Yeah. That truck took the load pretty good. A couple weeks back I had a 1000lbs of sheetrock and still wasn't level. Have no clue how much that wood weighed but it was on the bumpstops for sure. Only had to move 2 miles with it. Can't complain at all. Engine didn't even know and was still in eco mode most of the time. Looking at picking up a set of Airlifts within the next few weeks. Looks like all the people who have them love them and I can't complain when i can get them for just under 70$
Sounds like the truck is working really hard.:smileup: Did you give any thought to installing air bags to help support the heavy loads? That is if you are going to be carrying loads like that more fequently. :4-dontknow:

#83 ·
Truck actually doesn't work to hard...sits most of the week, just doesn't make sense to drive it everyday when I driver 100 miles a day. But every once in a while it gets a nice easy trip to work...Funny you mentioned buying the bags because I bought the Airlift 1000 today. I see a lot of people complain about the sag which I don't feel is that bad on my truck. I had 1000lbs of sheetrock and it wasn't level yet and I think thats decent since it was 12foot sheetrock meening the weight was centered behind the rear wheels. I don't plan on doing firewood all the time but when I can get it for free it just makes sense. I really wanted the 3/4 or 1 ton but just getting out of school couldn't afford the 1 ton with diesel and 3/4 ton payload isn't that much higher so decided on the half ton for price. worst is i take an extra trip still saved over 10k from getting 3/4. Will hopefully get to install the bags next weekend. Should be able to get more firewood after that and be able to show off pics with the bags. I'm planning on running separate lines I feel that just makes more sense. By any chance do you have the bags? Got them for 25 with coupons I had so that the reason for Airlift apposed to other brands.

#90 ·
Yeah thats what you got to do when you live in the back woods. Dont even have internet where i live must have satellite or cell phone. Thanks for the info
I see you live in New York, and from this post boy I more than understand.

I've been to Binghamton, Vestal (which is right next to Binghamton), Watertown, and Henrietta, NY. Also, I have cousins who live in Waverly and Ithica. And yest you need a cell phone, satellite, and you forgot a generator. :wavey:

#87 ·
Outdoorsman i installed the air bags sat...i had to do seperate air lines since they forgot to include the tee. Was very easy i took off my rear wheel wells to make gettin to the top of the bags easier for my hands. So far i ride around with 5psi and dont even notice it being stiffer. Get to test em out sat when i tow a car for my pop two hours away. Ill let u know how they perform.

#95 · (Edited)
did some towing today...towed my pops corvair on an hour half trip today, before that i installed a pairof air lift 1000 bags...and they are well worth the money...helped with the weight very good and didnt feel like the car and trailer were back there...only problem was at 35psi its a rough ride. couldnt wait to get the car off and take some air out the bags. youll also notice the cars front end being very high in the front( corvairs have the motors in the rear) lol. also had 400 lbs of a complete front suspension and other parts in the bed that being said for a half ton the ram towed very good. hate to say it prolly better then my old 3/4 ton chevy HD. heres some pics

#96 ·
Truck looks good! Truck looks like its got a pretty good rake on it still. I understand not wanting to bottom out but if you are to move something like this again may want to run 25psi or so may give it a nicer ride, its all about experimenting. On the install, there's discusions going ever which way on how to install and then a lot of them have the old style bags which neither you or I should have, were you able to install between springs? Another quick question on the drivers side door you should have a weight that your truck isn't allowed to exceed or your going over gvwr what is that number for you. I know its a half ton truck but I feel 1165lbs is just a little low and your truck is the same year as mine but it looks like you have the express package.

#97 ·
Truck looks good! Truck looks like its got a pretty good rake on it still. I understand not wanting to bottom out but if you are to move something like this again may want to run 25psi or so may give it a nicer ride, its all about experimenting. On the install, there's discusions going ever which way on how to install and then a lot of them have the old style bags which neither you or I should have, were you able to install between springs? Another quick question on the drivers side door you should have a weight that your truck isn't allowed to exceed or your going over gvwr what is that number for you. I know its a half ton truck but I feel 1165lbs is just a little low and your truck is the same year as mine but it looks like you have the express package.

yeah this is the first truck ive owned with coil spring suspension, ive always towed my race cars with a 3/4 ton trucks before. next time ill try 25 psi as 35psi which air lift recommended was a bit too rough of a ride for me. as for the install i took the air out of the bags folded it up like a hotdog re capped it so it wouldnt fill up and slid em right in between the springs...was very easy..just jacked up the rear let it drop down on jackstands. i had to run dual lines because there was no tee included in my kit so i can adjust each bags air. the only thing i did was remove my rear wheel wells to get to the air line attached to the top of the bag cause my big hands were havin a tough time getttin it on there. ( its your choice you dont have to remove them to do it.) i checked the door and mine says 1366lbs. i have a 4x4 express.all and all im very pleased on how the truck towed. even with out a brake controller it did very good

#101 ·
Nice trailer, nice rig dude.

#111 ·
Hey guys..... said i would post a pic when i picked up my new trailer. Here it is!! I just need to get my hitch lowered so the trailer will sit level. I would classify this as working the ram! haha

Badass setup. Congrats. Someone's gonna have some adventures.

#112 ·
My little work trailer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.