DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Let's See Your Ram Working!

129K views 797 replies 181 participants last post by  NevadaMike 
#1 ·
Helped a friend haul hay for his hobby farm.

Crappy cell phone pic...

26 square bales. It just softened the ride out a little...:smiley_thumbs_up:

So gang, let's see pics of your trucks doing what trucks were originally built for...hauling stuff!

See less See more
Reactions: DOZER
#32 ·
Lol no offense... but why do you own a truck if its just a pavenemnt queen?... cmon get it muddy every now &i then, show it what it was built for!... hemi07, u do use yours for towing... but a hemi durango will do the same lol... i do understand tho that you both have a new ram... but still lol... ransRAM, you've done alot to urs... do u @ least show it y you added all that? Like put it in 4wd now & then? Or race someone every once in a while? Lol

#36 ·
Your truck is yours, whatever you use it for. Go check out gmfs forums. Talk about beautiful pavement queens that never get muddy. I have toys for offroading!

#40 ·
Rams actually Working

I thought it would be cool to see our trucks doing what trucks were actually meant to do! :D

I came across this very nice LongHorn workin' hard today. If this is your truck, I hope you don't mind me showing it off ;)

#43 ·
Awesome looking trucks guys!

#48 ·
Fancy rims for a snowplow! LOL

#51 ·
So one picture is what i use to haul, until a tree landed on my trailer in a bad wind storm, so now this spring i get to haul a new fifth wheel! Also another pic of how my towing truck looks now.

Attachments

#64 ·
I love the stance of my truck with 1,000 lb in the bed!

Going to look even better in a week when I have a sport front bumper!

Funny I never realized how light the RT payload was compared to my truck stock. With the RT springs in the rear of my truck(I think payload of RT is like 1,200 lb), cutting 1.5 coils off of them, and being a heavier truck, I think my payload is maxed out at 1,000 lb. It's starting to touch the bump stops. My stock payload is ~1,700 IIRC.

#66 ·
snrusnak - A 1,000 lbs. and the stance isn't bad at all. Just goes to show me how well built the 4th Gen Rams are. Thanks for posting the pic.
Yeah and like I said that's with the RT springs with 1.5 coils cut off. RT payload is IIRC ~1,200lb and with the coils cut I'm guessing around 1,000lb. Then the heavier quad cab on top of that, my pay load with these springs can't be more than 1,000 lb. And that 1,000 lb in my bed now gets it to where it's starting to touch the bump stops.

I may swap my stock springs back(payload of ~1,700lb IIRC) since I'll be carrying 1,000 lb every day for the next month.

#70 ·
Yeah and like I said that's with the RT springs with 1.5 coils cut off. RT payload is IIRC ~1,200lb and with the coils cut I'm guessing around 1,000lb. Then the heavier quad cab on top of that, my pay load with these springs can't be more than 1,000 lb. And that 1,000 lb in my bed now gets it to where it's starting to touch the bump stops.

I may swap my stock springs back(payload of ~1,700lb IIRC) since I'll be carrying 1,000 lb every day for the next month.
It sounds good, but how would that effect the ride of the truck if you go back to the stock springs? :4-dontknow: I wouldn't want to see some one shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to gains they have already made.

#68 ·
It's the pic. Front and rear wheels are offset the same, they stick out maybe 1/2" or less. I love looking in my side mirrors and seeing tread :)

I think it just looks weird because the front wheel is turned to the right slightly in the pic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.