DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Flowmaster Super 44 or Super 10??!! Help PLEASE!

56K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  HILLBILLY JOE 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 Dodge ram, 5.7L, with stock exhaust.

i am looking to take off the stock exhaust and replace it with either a flowmaster super 44 or super 10 and dumping it right after the cab, i am coming to my fellow dodge owners, asking which one do yall think would be best? i want a loud aggressive sound and am hoping someone can help me decide because i am torn between the two.:4-dontknow:

#29 ·
HEMI, my super 44's was louder than straight pipe. My straight pipe was quiet on accel and cruise. Only when you hit it then it was loud. Super 44 was ridiculous so I got a maggy now

#31 ·
Wow lmao then it must've been loud!!

#32 ·
No videos yet because work has been crazy, but I just went from an single in/single out original 40 to a single in/dual out Super 10, oh man. The super 10 has a very similar tone to the 40, but sounds like it has a lot more balls. The sound is deeper and quite a bit louder, definitely not something for people who like things quiet. When cruising (I have MDS turned off) it's actually very quiet, but when the RPMs come up so does the sound. I would say that accelerating from a dead stop or from low speeds in the loudest. It's a little hard to heard somebody talking at low volumes during this time, but once your RPMs drop back down it's very easy to hold conversation at normal levels, no louder than my 40 series. Overall I love it, but I like to hear the truck, and hate the sound of straight pipes, this is much smoother and a very deep, rumbling sound. Hope this helps.

#33 ·
I am ordering a Flowmaster AmericanThunder kit for my truck and teaming it up with a Volant PowerCore intake with the Ram Air mod being added shortly after. Would it also be a good idea for me to order the Magnaflow Y-Pipe to add into the mix? If so where is a good site to order the Y-Pipe from?

#35 ·
I love my super 10 series more and more every day still! Especially with the windows down, oh maaaaann! Makes my old 40 series sound mellow, lol.

#36 ·
Videos! We wanna hear!!

#38 ·
I had TD's ran Friday from my gutted cats with 2.5" pipe and two 3" 10-series with 3" tailpipes dumped just over the axle. Sounds good up til 2500rpm then sounds like glasspacks. I have a 3" Xpipe that I think might get rid of that raspy sound, because it sounds nasty in a bad way.

#41 ·
A 10 is really loud if dumped before the axle, nowhere near as loud dumped over it. I've gotten lots of compliments on mine when it was the single 10 series because it has that loud original Flowmaster sound.

#43 ·
My two cents:

I replaced my Super 44, dumped before the axle, for a Super 10, run out the stock Daytona tip, today. And I am disappointed that the sound volume is lower after the swap. At idle, the exhaust is barely noticeable and had more balls when I had the 44. Under acceleration it has a simmular sound just a little more soft. So, i guess i may just dump the 10 after the axle, as suggested in an earlier post. and might just gut my cats.

#44 ·

i am looking to take off the stock exhaust and replace it with either a flowmaster super 44 or super 10 and dumping it right after the cab, i am coming to my fellow dodge owners, asking which one do yall think would be best? i want a loud aggressive sound and am hoping someone can help me decide because i am torn between the tw
I have dual super 10s on my 2008 Dodge ram 1500 and I do not regret it it is aggressive and loud and it sounds damn good

i am looking to take off the stock exhaust and replace it with either a flowmaster super 44 or super 10 and dumping it right after the cab, i am coming to my fellow dodge owners, asking which one do yall think would be best? i want a loud aggressive sound and am hoping someone can help me decide because i am torn between the two.:4-dontknow:
I put dual super 10s on my 2008 Dodge ram 1500 and I do not regret it it is aggressive and loud and it sounds damn good so if you want aggressive and loud that's what you need

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.