DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:10
Rdra is on a distinguished road

Sounds like my Silver Ram 1500 4x4 that had circles and mottle marks along the passenger side and all around the box. Dealer here in BC took photo's and then played stupid until I laid a formal complaint to Chrysler Canada against their 5 star dealer with a note I hade sought a legal opinion on the way I was being treated. They only took 3 and a half months to decide to repaint because the dealer owns their own body shop. I picked it up last Wednesday and it doesn't have the circles anymore but the mottled look is now obvious everywhere on the box (real hard to see on the Cab) The Paint guys think it's because it's a water based paint but they have agreed to repaint the box again - Due in Feb 24th as they will have it for about a week. Nice to read about your issues as my wife thinks I should demand a new vehicle.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:45
tguil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram306 View Post
... They admitted that the truck had a lot of flaws but said none of there paint is going to not have flaws in it. . I still cant get over the paint quality control issues with these ram trucks. Its time for them to step up to the plate and fix there problems instead of hiding them!.
Maybe it's time for those of us who expect quality paint from Ram to buy something else. The Tundra 2015 TRD Pro is looking better and better. Just saying'.
2012 White Hemi 1500 QC, 4X4, Big Horn Edition, Protection Group, Luxury Group, 3.92 Anti-Spin, Mopar Bedliner, Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Mopar Molded Mud Guards, Access Roll Up Tonneau, Michelin LTX M/S 2's
Old 02-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500 ST
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
huntert is on a distinguished road

Sadly I have also been having problems with the clear coat coming off all over the truck! It started behind my rear bumper and had now taken over a lot of the bed and now it's starting to flake off all over the truck. Sadly I'm the second owner and probably will not be able to make any sort of claim, what do you guys think?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rdra is on a distinguished road

My truck went in for a re-paint and they did a crummy job so it's back in again on Monday the 24th - We'll see if they get it right this time. Problems appear to be with the water based 'base' coat that is not mixed correctly or applied even enough before they go to the Clear coat. The paint shop indicated they are repainting vehicles from all dealerships including Accura Ford GM etc. No one is happy with the water based stuff.
I'll know next week if they got it right this time - Chrysler Canada has been kept up to date every step of the way because I don't want this waranty item to slip away on me - it was like pulling teeth to get them to start the claim as it was.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
HemiRam11 is on a distinguished road

I just bought a 2014 sport in Black less than a month ago, first sunny day noticed 2-3 inch circles in the base coat covering the whole truck! Looks horrible!! It is also covered in "Orange Peel". Took it to the dealership yesterday, the service manager didn't bat an eye, he said that is unacceptable and says it WILL be re-painted, He also stated they have never had a problem with the paint before. LOL, the regional manager is looking at it tomorrow to confirm it will be re-sprayed. I hope I can choose the body shop it goes to, but wont hold my breath just hope I dont have to jump through to many hoops to have this obvious issue dealt with