DODGE RAM FORUM banner

HID problem

903 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Upstater 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine installed a 35w VVME HID kit on his 2007 ram 1500, got the kit installed and turned on lights worked well till he started his truck lights flashed and went off, found out while engine is running low beam wont work but high beam will, with enging shut off both hi and low beam will work, we r in Canada so the truck has daytime lights which work while the truck is in gear, the HID system he got plugs into only one factory headlight plug, got it pluged in on the driver side because of the wire that has to go to the battery, when he turns on his left signal light both lights go out but stay on with right signal light please help if you can.

#2 ·
I've read plenty of HID posts and most talk about needing some sort of resistor to get the computer fooled. Did you install resistors? I owner if there is a better kit as I've heard of direct wiring for each headlamp and haven't read of any that install like your buddies kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.