DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Catback Magnaflow qestion

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  juan1158 
#1 ·
I know I want a magnaflow exhaust system but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have a 2002 ram 1500 5.9L QC, I have the single factory exhaust right now. What I'm looking for is a single in dual out 24" magnaflow but can only find the muffler only. Do I have to piece together my own catback system to get a 24"? The only catback exhaust that I can find in the 24" is the single in single out or the 18" single in and dual out. Does anyone know if there is a actual catback kit that I can buy? Or do I have to order the parts separate?

Thanks

#5 ·
I don't want it to loud.

I guess I will have to check with my local muffler shop and see. I was just tryn to save some money by doing the install myself.

I thought duals gave a little more power, but if they don't I might get the single then. I do like the look of the duals tho.

Thanks for all the replays and info.

#4 ·
:4-dontknow:Why duals???? No difference in power. I took mine off and went single. Sounds better to me and no difference in performance.If its just looks well thats up to you. Shouldnt be a problem either way. A good shop will help you out. JM2CW

#6 ·
Honestly i would just take it to an exhaust shop, it might end up being cheaper as well! Magnaflow probaly doesnt make a kit for what you want exactly, you'd be suprised how much a shop will charge you, some shops are really good prices!

#7 ·
So the shop I went to can do everything I want and it's a better price then the cat back systems.
Question: Is there a big difference in the wrinkle bent compared to mandrel bent? How about the outlet size, 2.25 or 2.50 is there a big difference between the two?
The shop just offers winkle bent so if mandrel is that much better I'll order the tail pipes online.

Thanks for the feed back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.