DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Missing cup holder foam on passenger door?

5K views 52 replies 20 participants last post by  Rambunkshuss 
#1 ·
The driver's side door has a foam insert for a cup holder, should there be one in the passenger side too? I never noticed whilst test driving different trucks. Mine is missing on the passenger side if it really should be there.

Just thought I would check here before pestering the dealer.

Thanks

#5 ·
you can find one on ebay for like 22 bucks

#7 ·
There's an insert from the factory in both front doors in my Sport.

#11 ·
I have a 13 Laramie and they are not the same. You a drivers side and a passenger side. A while back someone posted the part #'s for each.

#15 ·
Might be door pockets then.
My extra insert came from the local dealer,and it has the same number cast into the rubber as the original.

According to their parts books at the time(last year),they're the same side to side.
Somebody with the inserts in both doors of a 14 please pull them,and see if they're differant numbers,as now i'm curious.

I know i can swap mine side to side,just did it for verification.

These are the numbers cast into both of my inserts

1LD23TRMAA

#21 ·
I think it depends on how long they were on the lot. I've had a big horn and a sport without the passenger side cup holder. Both of them were bought late in the model year (around October). My 14' sport has both.… I ordered it and took immediate delivery. It might be worth trying to get the dealer to throw one in with the price of these trucks.

#23 ·
My 13 Longhorn came off the transport truck with only the left side. Mine will not fit in the right side but if I can pick one up for less than $20 I'll do it to keep my Wife's water bottle out of my console. I only use mine to keep an extra water bottle cool since I find it difficult getting it out while driving.

#24 · (Edited)
When my neighbour gets back from holidays,i'll be checking his factory installed 2014 Sport inserts for damn sure.
Just to check up on youse guys,as i'm not really believing they aren't inter-change-able guys.
So give me a few days,and i'll see if his will fit in either side,and i'll get the numbers off the inserts themselves,and report back.

#25 ·
Hey Hornet, you can make them fit either side, but not conform to the door pocket if that's what you want to do. They are pliable enough given the are foam rubber, but it ain't right and you can tell by looking at it. Hope this helps.

#27 ·
Just cause I'm a nice guy, I went outside and did it to show you all that it can be done, but distorts the shape of the cup holders.

Here it is originally on the right side;

And here it is on the right side with the left side jammed in:

#36 ·
Rambunkshuss, when I read Hornets post I said to myself, I guess am going to have to pull the cup holders and post the part #'s. Then I continued reading and you beat me to it and saved me a trip outside in inclement weather. I hope that satisfies Hornets skepticism, there are TOW different cup holders..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.