DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Floor mats other than weathertech?

5K views 41 replies 33 participants last post by  Stonemason 
#1 ·
I'm looking for something similar to these, but a bit more rugged and heavy duty. The weathertechs are somewhat thin and are very expensive. I want something that goes all the way across in the front and rear. I have a bench seat in front.

http://www.weathertech.com/dodge/20...e-type/Driver and Passenger-Side Floor Hooks/

I really like the Quadratec ones I had for my jeep, but alas... they dont make anything but jeep parts! Any suggestions?

#5 ·
I took a chance and bought "Michelin Precision EdgeLiners"
Cheaper than the better known brands.
The coverage is as good as the WT but the material is a bit more rubbery and flexible. I have floor storage in the back of my crew cab and I wanted to be able to access them when needed. The Michelins are soft enough to be able to peel them back for quick access.
Just google Michelin floor mats.

blurry but you get the idea

#8 ·
I have the Mopar mats- they are heavy duty, but I would have preferred more coverage. The Michelin's look pretty good^^.

#41 ·
Check out the Maxpider 3D mats. I have them in my Limited and they are great. Excellent coverage, flexible, attractive and reasonably priced. I paid $104 for each set (Canadian $). Check on-line for the nearest dealer. I think Costco may sell them now.
Hi Ron, you paid $104 for the fronts and backs for a Ram? Where did you get them. cheapest I have found is $179.99 Costco. Thx

#20 ·
Husky WeatherBeaters are Ram Tough! Have a set of Classics in 2003 Tahoe (150K) that are wearing like iron. Great fit in my 2014 Longhorn and will protect the door sills and carpet. Lifetime warranty!!! Customer Service is real. Comments based on actual experience with company.

#22 · (Edited)
I really need mats that cover the side of the hump to the right hand side of the gas pedal, and also cover all the carpet next to the door. Also, since my center console doesn't cover the hump in the front, I need mats to cover the hump both front and rear. That ruled out the Mopar. I was going to buy the WeatherTech, but didn't like the price and the fact that they look so thin, unlike the deep grooved design of other WeatherTech models (that don't cover the hump in front). I ended up ordering the Husky that covers the hump with a 3rd piece in the front. They look too thin as well, but at least I got a better price. BTW another reason I want the hump covered is I will mount ham radio equipment on top of the hump, and the mat will cover cables. I really dislike vehicles that waste the center real estate for a gear selector, like a big altar to worship the transmission god. Love the Ram hockey puck!!!

#23 ·
weather tech v husky

I just looked at both brands online and on the product websites the Husky X-act are exactly 20 dollars MORE EXPENSIVE than the Weathertech ones.
I have a 14' Limited with a center console so I believe these are the same products.
$209.90 for Weathertech
$229.90 for Husky
Am I missing something? I know the post is 3 months old but the post discusses how husky is cheaper.
This is for the front and rear mats as well.
Sorry for bumping an old post i just did a search and this post came up.

#28 ·
I have the Husky Xactfit in my crew cab. I've had the Weathertechs and the Husky originals in previous trucks and here is my review of the new ones.

They are more rubbery and flexible, less of a plastic feel. The hump to the right of the gas pedal could have been covered better and the Mopar mat in the back actually went under the seat more than the Husky.

They do come right to the door sill and actually over it to some extent.

I got mine through Autoanything and they were slightly cheaper than Weathertech.

All in all a nice heavy mat, flexible and very good fit and coverage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.