DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Auto lowering mirrors when put into reverse?

5K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  Dreyton 
#1 ·
Anyone have this feature or does it even exist? I have talked to 2 different ppl that have 2013's that say they have it and it's awesome. What I didn't ask if whether they had two mirrors or the normal power folding ones like on my sport. I went through the settings and there is no setting for this feature, but 2 ppl say they have it. I don't and neither does my bosses 2013 3500 Laramie, not sure what mirrors he has.

#3 ·
I have it on my 2013 Laramine and they work great. (Crew cab, 5.7' bed) They do fold in as well with a touch of the button. The setting for mine are located with the rest of the settings in my Uconnect 8.4AN menu. The option is to enable/disable the feature. Hope that helps, but if you have an other questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

#6 ·
What every body said, Laramie and up have it.

#7 ·
I had never even heard of that feature before reading this thread. Definitely sounds like a high-speed $50k+ truck feature.

#19 ·
They are self darkening and both are heated.

#10 ·
I have it on the Longhorn, but will say that I'm a little pissed as the pass side mirror doesn't drop down as much as the drivers side. I had the dealer (whom I trust) look at it and he said that he compared to others on the lot that did the same thing. It's a nice feature, but power fold in is the real winner! LOL.

#15 ·
The reason I wanted to know is because my driveway slopes down ward, I always back in and everything I manually adjust 1 mirror, I do the same a lot on parking spots and when back up our snowmobile trailer (especially in the driveway). Disappointing that my sport doesn't have it considering it has all the same options as a Laramie.

#17 ·
Nice feature, unfortunately, the tilt-down angle is not adjustable so for me it's no advantage because my seat location doesn't give me a good view. They could program this function in but it would take a few more lines of code and they evidently didn't want to spend the time. On Mercedes the angle is adjustable, but not on the Ram. With all the bells and whistles I do wish they had included a lane warning function.

#18 ·
+10, on the lane change and blind spot indicator. I don't think it will be to long before these are offered. Seeing how most manufactures have and or are offering them.

#24 ·
Husky - Both tilt on my Longhorn, but only the driver side tilts enough to be worth it and actually noticeable. The pass side only drops a hair, and according to the dealer (whom I like before people start ragging on them) it's normal per other rigs on their lot. Personally I think something it wrong though.

#26 ·
I don't think the passenger side tilts at all just the driver side but I just turned it off and just use the convex mirror to see the back tires. I'm just wondering if I'm even supposed to have that feature in a bighorn. I also have a driver seat and mirror memory feature in my uconnect but if I turn it on nothing happens and the next time I look at the menu it's turned off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.