DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Sport LED 3rd brake light

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  focal06 
#1 ·
I have the 14 Black Edition Ram 1500 that has the factory tinted LED tail lights but for whatever reason Dodge put the standard bright red third brake light in these. Is there a replacement that matches the factory tinted LED brake lights?

I'm trying to not to have to go VHT nightshades route for the simple fact of I dont think I could get the tint the same shade and two, I'd just rather have an OEM matching piece.

Thanks!

#4 ·
I'm having the same issue man. No one seems to make it yet. I can't seem to find headlights, tailights, third brake lights, etc for this model. Each manufacturer I've contacted has said that their product doesn't fit this particular model. What I've done as a temporary fix is bought a cover from ebay. You just remove the two screws holding the third light in place, hold the cover over it and use the screws that came with the cover to put it back in place. It took me all of 3 minutes to do. It's not ideal, but at least it's black and therefore helps blend it in with the rest of the truck more. I'd upload a picture to show you what it looks like if I could figure out how to haha.

Josh

#7 ·
Recon is great! However, way overpriced! I've said this many times on other threads...Recon is the EXACT same as Spyder products, mostly found on Ebay. Another member on another forum did a rather large write-up / experiment and compared the two. Took them completely apart and the lights were IDENTICAL all the way down to the motherboard inside...only difference was the word RECON on the more expensive pair or tail lights. It's probably too late for you to cancel your order, but next time if you're in search of lights (tails, 3rd, interior, headlights, fogs, etc) check ebay and ask us on here if any of us have tried the products. Like I said, Recon is great! You just paid probably twice of what you should have. But, none the less, post up some pics when you get the light installed.

#8 ·
how's it going, I have the recon third brake light also, I like it, I have the blacked out express also, and it doesn't have factory tinted taillights, and It doesn't mention that in the promotional information either, I haven't seen a blacked out express that has factory tinted taillights either, it they are tinted they are very slight!

#16 ·
Recon heard the people's feedback of a bulb out light they were having and now sends a resistor pre wired and heatshrink wrapped ready to go with 3M tape so you just tape it to the inside of the roof somewhere in the cavity for the light. I could see clearly both the cargo and brake lights in direct florida sunlight. I haven't checked the night time yet as I had to leave for work right after that post. I'll get it tonight for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.