DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Installed Fuel Hostages 20x10 -24 35x12.50R20 Toyo Open Country MT

11K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Synthetickiller 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

Just received and installed some new rims and tires on my 2012 Ram 1500 ST.

The only mod that I have up untill now is Bilsteen 5100 set at 2.8" to level out the truck. I decided to go with the 20x10 hostages -24 offset and Toyo MT's 35x12.50R20. I think I read every thread on offsets, backspacing, rubbing, max tire size on a leveled ram, and I figured I would go with this setup and crossed my fingers that everything would fit.

I get a little bit of rub making tight turns but I fixed this by heating up the plastic tab inside the wheel well with a heat gun (took about 5mins on both front tires).

I purchased a new Nissan Frontier CC in 2010 and had a heck of time getting my dirtbikes in the truck so I traded it in for a new 2012 Ram and I am just now started getting it setup the way I wanted.

I have the RCX 6" lift I was going to install over the weekend but my buddy was not able to give me a hand so it will have to wait a few weeks. I took a bunch of photos.. hopefully they are not too big.

See less See more
#4 ·
nice truck....will look even better with the bikes in the bed

#7 ·
I have no doubt there would of been rubbing but I used a heat gun to push the the plastic guard (not too sure what its called, looks like a fender guard) before I mounted the tires.

There is about 1" of clearance after using the heat gun but it definitely would of made contact had I not done that.

#12 ·
Looks great I love the Stance.

#14 ·
Not really :4-dontknow:. After the 5100's went on it seemed to level the truck perfectly with the stock rims/tires. I ran this setup for about 6 months. I actually really liked the way our trucks look w/ the 5100's on stock rims/tires. Mine are set at 2.8"

#19 · (Edited)
thanks man..

the toyos are awesome.. i dont mind the noise and it drives and handles great. one thing i noticed which always bothered me when i got rid of the muffler was the drone i would get when MDS kicked in. i always manually put the truck in 6th gear to bypass MDS and at some point planned on getting a tuner to cancel this altogether. now that i have the toyos the MDS drone is gone due to the tire hum.. works for me

the truck box is husky. home depot had a killer sale on them a few months ago.. they are $299 and were marked down to $115 for only a day or so. my buddy works at one and called and asked if i wanted one.. with his discount i got it for under $100.

I never considered buying one but after having it i would of paid the $299 for it no problem.. i put 2 big rubbermaid plastic storage containers in there and can put all kinds of shit in it. i love it :smileup:

#25 · (Edited)
They ride great.. truck drives straight as an arrow.

One thing I did notice (actually my wife noticed) was when I had the stock rims and tires along w/ 1/4 spacers the truck bounced a bit when I would go 70mph.. With just the bilsteins and stock rims/tires there was none of that but I put the 1/4 spacers on thinking i was going to run the stock setup after my lift went on.

i have no complaints so far.. i am really paying attention to the wear and plan on rotating every oil change (5k miles).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.