DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fender flares question

6K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  pensfan2 
#1 ·
I am looking to put flares on my truck, its a Sport crewcab. Pretty much like the OEM style.
Any recommendations I am up for as well.
Do the flares of the 2500 and different from the 1500 & is there any difference? I read the 2500 will fit the 1500. Wasn't sure if there is a measurement difference like width or something. No clue on what the average price is going to have them painted.
The dealer I bought my truck from told me $349 for the flares, $300 for same paint as my truck, and $300 to install. Basically said to pound salt.

Any insight appreciated or websights to check out.
Thanks

#2 ·
The OEM 2500 flares don't come down quite as far on the front as the 1500 ones do which looks better on a sport IMO. Makes it look more aggressive. They fitmet and coverage is the same for both.

$349 for the flares sounds about right and $300 for paint doesn't sound too far off. Maybe a little on the high side but not ridiculous. $300 for install is absolutely retarded though; there's nothing to it. I would get them from the dealer and install them yourself if you wanted to go that route. Another good idea would be to get some prices from a few local paint shops to see what they charge to paint flares.

#6 ·
Put them on yourself if you have any mechanical skills. They're fairly easy. Check out ebay for 2500 take offs, there's usually a few sets on there and you may get lucky and find one in your color.

The difference in the 1500 vs the 2500 flares is the front edge of the front pair. The 2500's are a little shorter and work/look better on the plastic front bumper the Sport and Express use.

#8 ·
Yes I have a Sport so I am curious to now see a 1500 with 2500 flares on it!
Yes I would put them on myself for sure.
MoparOnlineParts has the 1500 fender flares for $300.15. Has the 2500 fender flares for $323.15.
Now these are the cheapest prices I have found so far. BUT when you then do the shipping, this is what I do not get at all, the shipping for the 1500 OEM flares to my house is $131.14!?!?!? Shipping for the 2500 OEM flares is to my same house is $21.79! I then emailed MoparOnlineParts and a Dave responded that is correct. FORGET getting the 1500 OEM's from them!
Now I need to see a set of 2500 flares on a 1500 Sport.

Yes I have been watching eBay as well for the flares. I even messaged 1 of the guys that is selling them mostly if he ever has a set of the Blue Streak Pearl color, which he only peddles on eBay the 2500 flares set, and he's said he's never had that color as of yet. So I'll keep watching but not holding my breathe but these flares are my now priority to get on with mudflaps. The eBay 2500 flares prepainted are going for around $169 I believe, wish my color would pop up! That's a great price.

#9 ·
You can pick up a set of OEM 2500s on ebay. I purchased a set for $200 that color matched my black Sport. Ultimately decided that I liked the truck better without them... Look around, you might be able to find a set for a reasonable price, although finding them in blue might be tough... Also, Bushwacker has a version that is similar to OEM...

#10 ·
You can pick up a set of OEM 2500s on ebay. I purchased a set for $200 that color matched my black Sport. Ultimately decided that I liked the truck better without them... Look around, you might be able to find a set for a reasonable price, although finding them in blue might be tough... Also, Bushwacker has a version that is similar to OEM...
Yes I keep checking eBay every night to see if my blue shows up but nothing yet. But I saw the bushwackers and they are quite pricey, like another $150-$200 more I saw at local dealer I was at on Monday. Plus they have a black rubber liner that will go between the flare and the truck, like a buffer, when its painted it will flake off, but either way, that black strip would be between the flare and the truck not looking how I'd want honestly.

#15 ·
Wish I would have seen this whole thread before I bought the Bushwacker OE's for my '14 Ram Big Horn. I didn't realize that the Mopar OE's could be had for almost the same price as the Bushwackers.
I paid $479 for the flares and almost $400 to have them painted and installed. I thought they would have had a little more presence on the truck, based on the photos I saw on the Bushwacker site. They almost seem flat from certain angles rather than showing the raised edge and sticking out more from the body.
I searched all over the web and really didn't find anything but the ones I bought, that resembled the Mopars. From a popup ad a few weeks ago,this site appeared, http://www.autoaccwarehouse.com/2014-dodge-ram-1500-fender-flares/aaw-factory-style-fender-flares-factory-painted,
and I sure wish I would have found it sooner.
The flares for our Rams are $549 painted. They look like the factory flares and would have saved me over $300.
I think if I could at least recover the cost of my flares before painting, I would sell them and go with the ones from the new Autoaccwarehouse.
The one thing though, is since I am forced to go with the 17' wheels on my truck, the flares don't don't make wheels look out of proportion or undersized because of the flares. Due to a severe height constraint in my garage, the 20's would put my roof higher than my garage door opener, which cannot be raised any higher. My garage door opening is 78" and the specs on these trucks list the height as 78.5 with the 20's.
Right now I have a case of fender flare envy!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.