DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Debadging

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  godsey1 
#1 ·
Thinking of removing all the badging from my 13 Sport. (Hemi, RAM 1500, 4x4) Who's done it and what method? Did it leave a sticky residue behind or damage the paint?

#6 ·
If the tape is really on there like it was on mine, the 3M eraser wheel works wonders and won't damage your paint. Kinda spendy though.

#9 ·
yeah...easy....dont be sceered. you can do it !

#13 ·
Do not apply heat to the badges. It makes the sticky residue very difficult to get off. Just fish-wire the emblems off and use your fingernail to grab a corner of the tape and pull away from the direction your peeling. One of the videos posted earlier shows this and it works. It will leave very little residue that you can goof off in 1 minute.

#14 ·
I used the fishing line method too. Just use a nice braided line. It's stronger and thinner than the fluorocarbon lines. It won't take long. The 3M Eraser Wheel scared the hell out of me, I was afraid of ruining my paint. I bought it but never used it.

#16 ·
I used the fishing line method. Goo gone didn't do squat for me. I have black paint and I was also scared as hell to try the eraser wheel I bought. Ended up putting the eraser in my cordless drill and going for it. Worked great!!! Used the wheel on all my emblems. Did the entire truck in under 15min. Didn't hurt my black paint in any way

#17 ·
Same results here. There was no way in hell that tape was coming off with a thumbnail or goo gone. I tried and after maybe 20-30 minutes I'd gotten exactly no where. The wheel won't hurt your paint. It was designed to be safe on auto paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.