DODGE RAM FORUM banner

MY Build Thread!

18K views 134 replies 14 participants last post by  aparini 
#1 · (Edited)
Guess ill start this even though I have a long way to go...

So Far I have:
2" ReadyLift
18" Ballistic Jester -18mm
35x12.5r18 FUEL Mud Grippers
Iron Cross Bumper
12.5lbs Badlands Winch w/remote
4" Side Steps
Bushwacker Pocket Flares
Bullydog GT ( Bullys Performance)

Here are some pictures From the beginning

All Stock

2" Ready lift, 18" Ballistic Jester Fuel 35x12.5r18 Mud Grippers

Addition of Iron Cross bumper and Badlands 12.5 Winch

The Newest Modification Being done. SEM bedliner paint job... ( this is a picture the shop has sent me)

The grille, bumpers, still need to be done, as well as installing the fender flares and side steps. It is being professionally done, SEM bedliner has a bit smoother and more consistent texture.

** This is a controversial mod, some hate it some love it. I use my truck as a Truck. I haul, tow, mud and travel across the country for work. she takes everything I put in her way. Adding a layer of protection to her is better than continuously putting her in the shop for body repairs, which is time I don't have to waste. **

I will Post better pictures when i pick her up and take her to the lake. so subscribe for updates!

Next up.... 6" RCX accompanied by 5100s ( Bullys Performance )

See less See more
#2 ·
looks good man! Very original. Can't wait to see the finished product

#3 ·
thanks man, cant wait for it to be done. i think with the lift it will look even better...

looks like ill be needing black housing lights..

#4 ·
possibly. It would finished out the black-out.

however...i think it'd be unique and look sick to leave them as is. you know? I actually kind of like how they look now. It'll be easier to tell once it's all complete

#5 ·
I am going to steal your truck the moment it is finished. I have been wishing about doing that my truck.. It looks amazing.. I think headlights would look good eithor way, but I will have to see it when it is all done, then maybe you should get black housings and tint the tails too.

#6 ·
they will be stock for a while, want my lift and tow mirrors first. looks like I wont pick it up till thursday ( the gallon of liner they had to replace cause it was bad got left on the loading dock, needless to say it didn't get delivered) it will be done tomorrow but it has to sit for a day to harden before i can drive it.

Ill keep updating my post as time passes as to how its holding up..

#9 ·
Had to go to the shop to "look" at it, the shop says...

Initial reaction.... Drive it off a cliff...
The entire driver side was f*cked up because one of the gallons was old and hardened in the gun. The "texture" ( if you could even call it that ) looked like runny rubber paint. Needless to say they are fixing what is messed up with it. and then going respray to get it to the texture I want. which is this....

As Well as making the bedliner supply company pay for at least the gallon they f*cked up, what ever amount needed to fix it. and more hopefully.

#11 ·
awesome man!! i will need to create me a build page now!! do you know how many gals they are using to cover your truck?

#12 ·
why is there such a long space between my text and sig?? lol must be doin something wrong

#13 ·
4 gallons so far, probably need 5 to make it right.

#14 ·
is that including the bed of the truck or just the outside of it?

#16 ·
I really like the look of the bed liner paint job but now you have me thinking and that`s a bad thing :LOL:

#17 ·
UPDATE!!!!!

Just received some pictures from the Shop....

#19 ·
nice look man!! id tell them to add more gallons to it tho! a bed itself is is suppose to be 1.5-2 gal just by itself. when i did mine my bed was already done but just the outside of my truck i sprayed 6 gallons... like it to be nice and thick on there lol plus your truck is bigger than mine. just wanna make sure you dont get shorted on what your payin :) if you dont mind me askin how much it costin and what brand name of liner??

#20 ·
its got atleast 6 in it now.. price was 2500 plus materials but AT LEAST 2 gallons are going to be free, maybe more, the shop manager raised hell to the supply company for sending old stuff which caused the truck to get ****ed up in the first place. they are using SEM with a catalyst. i told her to make them pay for half of it.
Ill probably have the bed redone at some point in the future, it was decent and its just going to get torn up anyways. the linex i had on my replacement bumper was chipped off and what not so no matter what i use it will eventually get messed up. my main focus was them getting the body right. wish i would have took pictures of how bad it looked wednesday, but i didnt want the visual reminder haha

#22 ·
that doesn`t seem like a bad price at all :smileup: What part of Texas are you in?

#21 ·
if it looks as good or better in person im very pleased with it.... going to take a look tomorrow and make sure its right before i have to pick it up saturday

#23 ·
Houston/ College Station... im Traveling for work at the moment. havent been home in about 2 months. and will probably be another 2 months until i get back. what about yourself

#24 ·
once I get back I will be in the El Paso area

#26 ·
Yeah that's an understatement lol

#29 ·
Very nice truck! Although it was sweet once you put the rims on it when it was red. ;)
Im excited to see the finished product.

#30 ·
Picked up the truck today.. have a few pictures.... but photobucket is down. and its freaking raining... go figure... I fell in love all over.

#31 ·
Lovin it!

will get better pictures tomorrow... Cant wait till im able to get the lift on her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.