DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 Ram 1500 Express Questions

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  goose85427 
#1 ·
Hi guy's ,

My name is tony i am a newbi here & this is my official first post .

I have been a ford guy all my life but now these days there just simply UN-affordable , so i got me a hemi lol .

My truck is a 2012 ram express regular cab white color with 5.7 hemi , i got this truck for $17,000 with free tow pack !

Here are my question ( thanks in advance for reply's / help )

1. did i get a good deal or average ?

2. my best 0 60 time is 6.8 , is this right ? , i was thinking alot quicker ?

3. whats up with this fake want to be trip tronic transmission , this is supposed to be manual mode but it still shifts out by itself ???

4. i am averaging 14 mpg ( good or bad ) ?

None the less this truck can do what ever f150 can and 1000s cheaper so its a winner in my book , plus this express has a mean look ( i like it )

See less See more
#2 ·
Does you truck have any other options? Hard to tell without knowing.

David

#3 ·
Hi David ,

Thanks for reply .

My truck is a 1500 regular cab with express package the only other option
on it is a tow hitch .

msrp was 26k a dealer ship in san diego sold it to me for 17k , and i was just wondering if that was a deal or a regular price because they had a ton at that price ?

#4 ·
What dealer. That is a good deal, best I have seen on the RC Expresses' is about $10K off MSRP, with just the $4000 rebate. You did good.

David

#5 ·
Thanks guys ,

Reguardless I can go to work with a brand new
Pickup truck , with warranty , tow pack & a hemi !i .

All this for 17k , that works for me !

So far dodge gives you alot of truck for your money
Ford & chevy need to lower there prices by 5k to
Start competing .

#6 ·
yeah, sounds like you got a really good deal! your 0-60 time seems slow. how did you calculate it?
i'm guessing you have the column shifter, not the middle console shifter, since its an express. The gear you select only limits your top gear, within reason. You can't tell it when to shift.
Your fuel economy is kind of low, but it will get better with mileage, as your truck breaks in.

#8 ·
im like u had a gmc but holy cow man for 30,000 u get rear drums and a weak motor but for the same sticker i got a rcsb 4x4 express with HEMI engine 4 wheel disc tranny cooler chrome wheels and yada yada yada i got mine for 23k with 4x4 so yea id say u got a good deal

#11 ·
The new owners will get a lot of info about your Rams, if you send for your vehicles
BUILD SHEET, it is not a general info sheet like the window sticker had on it

go to Customer Assistance at this website
have your VIN# & current mileage handy
http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ramtrucks/index.jsp

when you go to the dealership for a part, this is what the Parts Dept. looks at on their computer, before they give you the part that you are looking for

#12 ·
I've got a 2012 express qc. The best mileage I've gotten on my express so far was 18-19mpg but that was using cruise control at 60-65. Around town ( DC traffic) I get like 14ish mpg

Like you I really like the look of the express just wish there was a little more metal up front but if there was I'm sure the price would be a lot more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.