DODGE RAM FORUM banner

04 2500 alarm sensitivity setting/adjustment

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  omarimoe 
#1 ·
The truck is a 2004 2500 4x4 offroad with a 5.7l. For the past few nights in the middle of the night when a loud truck or something drives by my alarm goes off. It will also go off when i start my mustang or when i drive my 2nd gen 1500. Basically im looking for a sensitivity adjuster or something so i can turn the damn thing down. Someone help please i cant stand this thing going off all the time.

#2 ·
so i called the dealer today and asked them if there was any way they knew of adjusting the alarm. he pulled up the build sheet and told me the truck never came with a factory installed alarm and that it didnt even come with a chiped key. i guess tomorrow im going to have to start pulling interior pannels and see if i can find this mythicalcnon factory alarm. i do have a red light on my custer so maybe ill pull the cluster and see if i can find any non factory wires and trace them back to the box. there is a sticker on the front drivers window that says TNT 2 auto theft protection. so if anyone is familiar with what that is or how they are installed it would be awesome if you could give me some pointers.

#3 ·
I always do my best to make sure i update my posts with what i find or if i have fixed the problem. Turns out the alarm is a non factory alarm that the PO installed. I did find an adjustment knob but it still was to sensitive so for now i just unplugged the sensitivity box. I am in the process of trying to find a wireing diagram for the alarm system so i can try to get a different box or something that is less sensitive and splice it into the existing system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.