DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Chrome vs Black side steps

5K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  Revel Performance 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 12 Sport Quad cab, black. Was wondering your thoughts on the side steps, black vs chrome. I want to avoid the whole "black-out" vehicle but not sure if the chrome would stand out too much.

I like the design of the Mopar steps: 82213268 (wish I would have realized this before and tried to negotiate them in with the purchase.)

See less See more
#13 ·
I hear ya on this one, I just wanna avoid the "blacked-out" look. Still undecided though..

#31 ·
Nice! Had my mind set on going to Performance Dodge to look at the Laramies, but stopped in and went home with a new truck. Just wish it had the Nav in it.

#40 ·
Get the blk ones...plasti dip the wheels blk to see if you like it...Get the inside of your head lights smoked and get some projectors with hid..De badge it except for the 5.7 hemi label..Then you can plasti dip those and see if you like chrome or blk..

#41 · (Edited)
I just had my Magnaflow 14 installed at Penn Muffler in Pennsauken last week. Super clean job on the install. If it wasn't raining right now I would go out and take a picture for you. Magnaflow 12198, 2 stainless steel pipes, cutting, bending, welding and labor, out the door for $244.95.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.