DODGE RAM FORUM banner

MPG for 07 1500 5.7L Hemi

4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  pkkid07slt 
#1 ·
I've had this truck for a little over a year now, and the best I've ever got was 15.946 mpg, checked on paper not the EVIC. The lowest I've ever got was 12.594 mpg, but that was keeping my foot in it pretty heavy lol.

I've got 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, a 2.5" Rough Country Leveling Kit, Bully Dog Programmer on Regular Octane setting, AEM Cold Air Intake, and an Airaid Throttle Body Spacer.

If I drive it easy, it'll get 15-16 mpg, which is pretty good for an 07 Hemi, I think. What is everyone else getting with their 07 Hemis?

#3 ·
I get mid 13-14 city. and i can squeeze out anywhere from 17 on avg all the way to 18.9-19 on the highway. (with mileage tune from SC)

#12 ·
Yes, I took it to a local Dodge dealership and they said they calibrated it the best they could since they don't have factory 18" wheels, if that makes sense.

#8 ·
before i added my trail grapplers i was getting 15 around town and 20 on the highway with just my intake. and that math was done by hand.

#11 ·
I dissapoint myself by using a fuel log app on my phone so I can track every fill up/mpg/cost to date/ etc...

The app uses math and over a 5mo period so far my average is 14.7. Best tank I have gotten is 16.5 and worst has been 12.7

Ive got Spectre CAI and Flowpro muffler on my 08 4x4, and its about 50/50 highway and city driving

#13 ·
I dissapoint myself by using a fuel log app on my phone so I can track every fill up/mpg/cost to date/ etc...

The app uses math and over a 5mo period so far my average is 14.7. Best tank I have gotten is 16.5 and worst has been 12.7

Ive got Spectre CAI and Flowpro muffler on my 08 4x4, and its about 50/50 highway and city driving
What's the name of the app you use? That'd be a neat app to have that would definitely get used alot.

#14 ·
06 hemi with CAI and exhaust i see 12 city 18 highway.... we have trucks with a 5.7l V8 its not going to get good fuel mileage, almost sick of seeing people on here complaining day to day about 15mpg.....if your looking for mileage dont buy a vehicle with a v8 seriously

#18 ·
2005 4X4 Hemi, auto trans., CAI, Flowmaster, SuperChips tuner on 87 tune and running 87 octane. I get 18 to 18.7 on highway and 13.4 stop and go. I think that is pretty good for a truck. I had a Blue Oval (my son rants on me if I even say the name) work truck that barely got 11 mpg on the highway. I guess my driving is conservative as I never punch the long skinny pedal anymore. Overall, I am pleased with the numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.