DODGE RAM FORUM banner

detailed my truck thought id show her off

3K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  Chunkem 
#1 ·
detailed the hell out of my truck today took some pics thought id post them on here let me know what you guys think :)

See less See more
#3 ·
the pictures arent working?

#12 ·
Gorgeous truck. Is that Hope Valley?

#13 ·
im really weird about car wax to the point where ive researched a bunch of top brands and used a ton to get my own opinion. for a black truck hands down best wax ive ever used is "the black box" by turtle wax. the wax its self is black. the problem with black cars/trucks is it gets these little scratches all over the clear coat from what ever you use to wash your car with and basically shows any imperfection. the turtle wax black box covers all those swirl/scratch marks that are inevitable to get with a black vehicle. i swear by it on a black truck and it also doesnt leave that blue film that takes forever to get off. any other color paint i use meguires mirror glaze hi-tech yellow wax #26. its in a beige bottle. its kinda expensive but worth it. if im on a budge and ran out of wax ill use zymol which is just as good and half the price. :)

thanks for all the compliments guys. what really sucks is when my driveway was paved the city came out and said it was to steep of a grade so it had to be redesigned and done over which put me over budget on the house. so now where the driveway ends theres still about 200 more feet of dirt i have to drive through to get to the road so yeah it only stays this clean for a good day lol

@h2oman: no its washoe valley which is on the back side of lake tahoe between reno and carson city nevada

#15 ·
the black box comes with 4 different bottles 2 are a spray detailer 1 is a cleaner wax and another is a normal wax. personally i notice no difference using it as directed. i just use the normal bottle of wax that comes in the box. this way it takes off like 2 hours off the time it takes to detail it lol. also the waxing pads in the box suck so id recomend buying a pack of the micro fiber waxing pads which are like 5 bucks for 4 of them or something close to that. like i said on a black car its hands down best wax ive ever used. let me know how you like it when you use it

#17 ·
the other 3 bottles i just put on the shelf and forget about them lol. i wish they sold just the wax by its self.

#23 ·
@rumbledore: haha yeah i just moved out here a few months ago from southern california. the cops are crazy about speeding out here lol. i got a ticket during the hot august nights over in reno for doing 72 in a 65... on top of that i have a hard time keeping up with the speed limits all around. one min the speed limit is 55 then it will be 20 then up to 35 for 500 feet then back down to 20 lol. i was trying to find a drag strip thats open to the public around here. have you heard of the one out in Fallon?

#24 ·
Closest is Reno/Fernley raceway. I go to Sacramento raceway cause of the altitude. Cops are crazy around hot august nights time. usually it's not too bad. I know what you're saying about the limit changing so often though.

#25 ·
the reno/fernley one is open to the public and has a strip?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.