DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What makes a Rumble Bee special?

59K views 48 replies 36 participants last post by  Eds9c1 
#1 ·
I bought a new Ram Friday, after searching the internet I finally found the options I wanted which were Reg cab, Hemi, and 4x4...WOO HOO!!!

I was sitting in the dealership waiting for the sales guy to bring the truck to the office for me to take my test drive and right away I noticed the Rumble Bee decals, I didn't even know they made this in 4WD. So my question is besides the decals what makes the Rumble Bee different?

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
to tell you the truth i think they just put the rumble bee stripes on it, its not a true rumble bee, it doesnt have 20" chrome rims and has chrom bumpers. a true rumble bee is the following:
color - rumble bee yellow or black (maybe blue too)
ground effects - so in other words a sporty looking bumper
and the decle.
they are all reg cab short box, i think all or majority were 2wd and they are sport models, so no chrome. i think they were actually the 3rd generation RT.

#5 ·
DODGERUMBLEBEE.com

Offered in 2004 and 2005 the HEMI powered Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee was available in your choice of Black or Solar Yellow. Featuring a distinctive Rumble Bee box decal, reminiscent of the bumble bee stripes made famous on Dodge muscle cars like the Charger, Challenger and Super Bee. Powered by the 345-horsepower 5.7L HEMI Magnum V8 engine and available in the 4x2 and 4x4 Regular Cab. The Rumble Bee came with a huge list of custom features including: Laramie Door Trim with Solar Yellow Spears, Solar Yellow Instrument Panel Bezel, Bodyside Cladding - Body-Color, Accent Kit: Front, Rear, Box Side - Body-Color, Taillamp Guards - Body-Color, Chrome Exhaust Tip, Hood Scoop - Body-Color, Brushed Aluminum Fuel Filler Door, Vertical Stripe and Bee Emblem (Yellow or Black), Rumble Bee Logo on Door Interior Spear and a unique Numbered Plaque on Dash.

they came in yellow or black, 2X4 & 4X4

#6 ·
:smileup:Well done Werm....................

#9 ·
all fake rumble bee trucks are called " wannabees ":gy:
my truck is a '05 second swarm solar yellow 4x4 #2306
they were only 1572 trucks like mine ever made

2004 production :
4645 trucks
2073 4x2 yellow
825 4x2 black
1070 4x4 yellow
675 4x4 black
+2 exemplaires de pré production show

2005 production :
4613 trucks
1520 4x2 yellow
796 4x2 black
1572 4x4 yellow
722 4x4 black
+3 exemplaires non comptabilisés

total production of 9258 rumble bee trucks

#46 ·
all fake rumble bee trucks are called " wannabees "🇬🇾
my truck is a '05 second swarm solar yellow 4x4 #2306
they were only 1572 trucks like mine ever made

2004 production :
4645 trucks
2073 4x2 yellow
825 4x2 black
1070 4x4 yellow
675 4x4 black
+2 exemplaires de pré production show

2005 production :
4613 trucks
1520 4x2 yellow
796 4x2 black
1572 4x4 yellow
722 4x4 black
+3 exemplaires non comptabilisés

total production of 9258 rumble bee trucks

Wannabees!😅😅😅 love it!

#12 ·
It wasn't advertised as a Rumble Bee and didn't cost anything extra because of the decal so no biggie there. Thanks for the replies!

#16 ·
You'd think with all the concern of it being a rumble bee or not, it'd actually be more then just cosmetic things added to a standard ram. I don't think you can call someone a wannabee when his truck in stock form could put a stock RB to shame. Even the new R/T's have a few mechanical things added, but it's whatever. Hey if you like it with the stickers then leave them on. It's your truck, so make it yours.

#17 ·
I guess I should have updated this. After finding out that the RB is a limited edition and mine simply had a decal on it I removed them (not easy to do!). As soon as I saw the decals I liked the idea but wasn't 100% sure about the way it looked on the grey. I have my eye on a nice hemi bed decal but thats will come much later.

Reactions: chithead
#19 ·
back in 2004 a dealership was caught selling Special Edition Rams
a 5 Star Dodge dealer in Hickory, NC was selling a FAKE RumbleBee on Ebay...

The listing has since been closed here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2485120986

Pretty much, they were called on it by someone who recognized that the interior did not match the true RumbleBees and that this truck did not have the RumbleBee Production Number on it either (which would have proved it to be a true RumbleBee).

After a threat to call DC and Ebay on this "scam", the auction was terminated...

this same dealership was doing something like this with the Thunder Road Edition quad cabs, he also picked out his truck from this dealer and saw them. They may have a good service department, but looks as if the sales department is a bunch of fraudulent, money sucking crooks. I bet you there is a few Thunder roads rolling around that are fakes they sold. I agree that if it was done at a dealer and NOT sold as the real thing it would be OK, but don't slap on body kits/decals/emblems and try to pass it off to a consumer. I bet they made a ton of profit off of these vehicles.

Rumble Bee - The Rumble Bee package was a limited sport-truck version of the Ram. It was available only on regular cab/short-box pickups; however, some other versions of the Ram were modified to look like Rumble Bees. It included lower body cladding, 20" wheels, a hood scoop, and a specially-trimmed interior including a serialized number plate. On the rear of the box was a stripe with a "Rumble Bee" emblem, similar to that of the Super Bee. All Rumble Bees were either black with yellow trim or yellow with black trim.

#22 · (Edited)
Mine also has 3:92 gears. I never really paid attention until I bought this truck but I have been seeing a few GEN 4's with the Rumble Bee decals installed from the factory...I know they are not "True" rumble bees but I just though it was weird that someone at Dodge decided to use the decals again.

#24 ·
#28 ·
Thanks, I really like them too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.