DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Old trucks???

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  pwrwgnman 
#1 ·
LOL I know there is a thread of some the older trucks like pre 80`s lol
I mean some of us 2nd gen hotrodders might have the grandaddy to yalls shiny trucks lol
It looks like even the 727 trans is a dinosaur now lol, Imma have to start collectin me a few of them lol,
I know someone else on here has a Power Wagon like from the 70s on back or one of them lil red express trucks lol...
Plus I got some stories to tell that prove that MOPAR`s aint jest purty,lol all true to life lol but the names may have been changed to protect the family name lol:doh:

#3 · (Edited)
I had a 727 in my '81 D150 Custom mated to my (custom) 318! :D My '81 Beast might not have been the grandmother to my shiny truck, but a good matriarch to the family, lol! :smileup:

#4 ·
Mmmm the ole 727... much better than the 904 I used. Well the three that I used. Split one down the middle, blew through the bellhousing and clutch plates on the second, and the motor went before I could destroy the third. Never could get my hands on a decent 727, and the 904 people were almost giving them away at the time. As a high school kid, had to do what was cheapest.

#7 ·
Don't feel bad man, lol, that 727 was the fifth tranny we put in that truck. We went through 2 standards and 2 automatics! We just couldn't kill the last one! :smiley_thumbs_up:

#6 ·
There are some of them ole flat fendered ones Im thinkin early 50 or so up around the mountains, I missed a deal on a 6x6 that was made for carrying loggers up in the mountains, wasnt a home made truck either it was factory ordered and was still running,coulda got that thing for 1200.00 but the wife went to sqwallin and fussin so I let it pass, now shes gone and I bet that truck is nowhere to be found now...
Ive got a 75 club cabpower wagon 3/4 ton thats one tough rascal, I ran it in a truck pull and made a full pull with 19750 pounds on the sled, went to make the second pass and the rains started and the event got called off..and this truck is pretty much stock I had groundhawg tires on it then, that and the tractor weights I mounted on the front was the only thing that wasnt stock lol
I would like to find somewhere around the same year with the 4 door cab

#9 ·
we built a 70 challenger one time took it up town for some Friday nite racin lol backed it off the trailer behind a bar went to do me a little warmup burnout and blew the whole tail shaft out the trans,twisted the driveshaft and cracked the windshield lol, that thing was some kinda powerful, I learned then dont make any difference how much power ya got if ya cant transfer it into forward momentum it dont do much good but it makes a good show,lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.