DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone running 305s in winter?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ruffian11 
#1 ·
Is anyone running with 305s during the winter and if so how are you managing with the 305s and winter road conditions?

#2 ·
During the winter last year I had a set of 305s on my truck. They were like skies hahaha. I love to drive like that so it did not bother me. If you are nervous behind the wheel when the ass end comes out then I would not recommend it.

This winter I have 13.5" wide tires.....should be a little interesting haha.

#3 ·
A wide tire will tend to float on top of the snow. However, even with a wide tire, if it has an aggressive self cleaning tread, it will do just fine.

No tire other than studded does any good on ice.

#4 ·
I am looking at the Cooper Zeon LTZ and the ratings for snow appear to be very good.

#5 ·
You should also take a look at the BFG A/T KOs. They have a good snow rating as well, I have never looked at the Cooper LTZs so I dont know how good they are .

#8 ·
Ya i will be running 325's this winter...curious to see how the BFG KM2 go in the snow i hope it is pretty good haha! can't afford to put another set on the truck so i have to stick with the mud tires haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.