DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Help! Bolt won't come out of A Pillar!

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  erm 
#1 ·
Hey all. I need some help. My 04 Ram 3500 has an issue (well really I do) with the A Pillar bolt. I bought a 3 pod gauge pillar gauge cluster to replace the stock grab handle that was loose. I grabbed the 11 mm socket and all the bolt does is turn. I cut the plastic off to see what the issue was and... The bolt has a collar that is pressed into the A Pillar. This "collar" spins when I try to unbolt the a pillar. WTH? If ANYONE has a idea (short of cutting out the A Pillar) PLEASE send it to me!

jtownes14@gmail.com

Thanks!
J

#2 ·
Can you post a pic? That might help.

#3 ·
Sorry but I can not. Took the truck to a local body shop and they loosened up the rib nut (that is what the guy from Dodge told me it was) with a hammer and then cut the bolt and pushed it into the A Pillar. Dodge sells the part, but has no idea how to get the dumb thing out. I used a plastic grommet to hold it in place. There is no issue cause there is no weight involved like when you use the grab handle. So all fixed. Thanks!

#4 ·
Glad you got it fixed. Hopefully the body shop didn't charge you too much to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.