DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Catch Can...Is it really worth it??

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Hermes1 
#1 ·
Hey guys I've seen alot of write-ups about catch cans and was wondering with the mods I already have is it really worth it? I'd like to get opinions from people that have one installed on if you really think it makes a difference and what brand would you reccomend?

#5 ·
I thought it was a bunch of hype - especially the improved mpg, but for 120 bucks or so figured it couldn't hurt keeping the crap out of the TB. MPG has gone up some, and it sure is catching crap. About an once for the first 800 miles.

#7 ·
Tell her it is not a performance mod but an addition to keep your $50k truck healthy and running as it should. If she asks "then why didn't Ram put one on from the factory?" Beacuse they want you to buy a new one every 3-4 years.

- From a Married Guy who likes to mod vehicles.

#8 ·
I have the B/T catch can on both my 08 Super Bee and 12 Ram. The Ram has to be emptied at about 2800 miles as it is full by then. The Bee I can run for almost 5000 miles before I need to empty.
As far as is it worth it. Well I look at it this way, pay now or pay later in having to clean throttle body and other parts of engine. It is more economical to pay now and not have the need for the other cleanings for many many miles.

Just my opinion.

#10 ·
Oh crap I should not have looked at this thread... now it looks like another mod, I can see the value in it. Although I am wondering on mod like this, if I might run into a warranty issue.
What warranty Issue? Your actually catching the crap that is going in there, its not really a modification but filtration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.