DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Programmer Question

4K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  RAMING IT 
#1 ·
New here guys, joined up because i am looking for a programmer for my truck and you guys seem to really know your stuff. Here's what i have now, 2002 dodge ram 5.9L magnum V8 sport 4 door with the 20" rims, K&N cold air intake and cat back true custom exhaust, long story short im kinda sick of the weak launches, so I am looking for the programmer that will give me the best performance gains, hopefully with adjustable shift points and firmness, i dont care about gas mileage and money isnt an issue, if it makes it faster its worth it to me. What would you guys recomend?

Thanks in Advance,
Cody

#2 ·
Hey Cody, welcome to the forum. You'll get a lot of opinions about programmers, and it seems all of them are valid. I personally have a SuperChips and love it. Lots of versatility, tire and gear change adjustments, and best of all you can disable that damn MDS!

#5 ·
They don't make the same superchips tuner for the 5.9's. The SC for 5.9's doesn't allow for custom shift points, and we don't have MDS lol.

From what I've seen, people see greater gains from an SCT from Hemifever then a Superchips tuner. And those two are the only real notable tuners for a 5.9 as Hypertech's and the others aren't worth much. The great thing about Hemifever's SCT is that he get's rid of the torque management system so you're getting all the power from the start which will be really noticeable right off the line. Not to mention he makes these tunes specifically for the 5.9 gasser so that the A/F ratios are where they should be and the gains are perfect for a stock motor with light modifications. Also, if you ever decided to mess around with cams or anything internal, he can write you custom tunes for your application.

#3 ·
Im not sure about the others out there but my SCT (hemifever) tune really woke my truck up and im running 35's on stock 3.55 ring and pinion. Sean (hemifever) can tune it to what ever you want. He gave me three tunes a 89oct 91 and a 93 octane and even on 89 i can feel a difference. hope this helps.

#6 ·
Hemifever seems to be the only way to go :smileup: Im going that route soon hopfully.
I wasent aware 5.9's had torque managment :wow: shows you how much I know hehe.

#9 ·
hey yall I was just about to post a new thread asking should I go sct superchip but I think you answered my questions.how does the hemI fever tuner work?is it like a plug and play type thing like superchip or do I have to drive to him?also what do the prices look like.I'm about to get one in the next week or so and definately wanna make the right choice
HTML:

#13 ·
Hi Cody, a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about using the link in My SIG to jump to the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself And post a few photos of your truck? :Hey:

#15 ·
o i got ya.he hasnt emailed me back yet so ill update yall when he does as to what he's said.....is there a such thing as getting a tune mainly for acceleration?i want that power off the line?i dont care about being able to go 150, i just wanna get there fast.haha[/QUO

I hear you bud! Not to many streets in my hood long enough to hit 150mph lol. I wana have that takeoff speed from the line too:smileup:

#24 ·
well ill probably be ordering my sct this week ill let you know how it goes.

for all you guys with the 5.9 hemifever suggested the sct to me.said it will get rid of torque management to give you a good jump plus it has many capabilities that other tuners dont.i will give a review to you guys when i get it on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.