DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Had Truck in for service today

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  mark09sport 
#1 ·
Well i had my truck in for service today had two rapid responses done one for HVAC and they other was a front axle seal.

Also had them look at why truck will sometimes grind while going into gear when i left i was not a happy camper it turns out that the 2009 and 2010 Rams have problems with solenoid valves in the transmissions my dealership parts guy told me they ran out of stock and have more on order i said to him you stock these he says oh yes we do atleast 2 or 3 rams a month that come in and need the valve. Good thing the truck is still under warranty

I also had the 4X4 service done which changes and replaces both fornt and rear axle fluids including removal of covers they quoted me $ 369.99 when i picked up my truck it turns out they quoted me wrong and it should of been alot more because i have heavy duty axles in my truck and all the fluids are synthetic they honoured the price i was quoted

now i just have to wait for the valve to come in they are on backorder

#3 ·
I took my truck in for other reasons but also had them look into the grinding sound when shifting from park. I was told soleniod is sticking before they looked at it, once the mechanic checked they determined it to be vibration from the driveshaft and ordered me a new one. Haven't had time to get it replaced so I can't say with certainty that is indeed the problem.

G
#4 ·
Sounds like they are taking care of the problem. It's good to have dealers like that.

Mine just ordered up a replacement REC/NAV head unit for me today. My other one quit. $100 deductible and I walk out with a $2200 head unit. Gotta love an extended warranty!!!

#5 ·
It is a good thing they are on top of it and taking care of the problem. It is really good the honored the price they gave you, hard to come by good people haha

#12 ·
yessir, if you don't get the recalls done you may not pass a safety check. Not only that you might get in an accident? Some of the things they do are just updates and they only do those for free for 3 years. I think that is BS because if it is something they know is defective then they should pay for it.

#13 ·
That's odd. I told my dealer about these issues and he said that they can only do tsb's & repairs if there is a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.