DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ontario Dealerships

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  cuda71 
#1 ·
When I was looking to buy my truck I knew more or less what I wanted, so I hit up the three dealerships in town, one had a black mega cab and wasn't willing to get anything else in, even if it made a sale, the second one I went to didn't have the truck I wanted and then tried to put me into a used half ton hemi, nothing against the hemi's but I went in there telling him I wanted a diesel . . . hello? So I went to the last dealership in town which as it turns out one of the salesman there I went to school with his son, so thought he might be able to help me out, however he had the truck I wanted just in the wrong color and said it "wasn't worth it" with the dealer trade and bringing up my truck etc. So I went back home being a little disappointed, figuring if I was going to be putting out money for a truck I wanted to get what I want in a truck. So I looked up on the Dodge website and started calling dealerships. I called every dealership from North Bay to Barrie or even a little further south, until I called Muskoka Chrysler. Apparently they were pretty busy and the salesman asked if I would mind if he called back in 5-10 min, not a problem. Phone rings its Muskoka Chrysler, told him what I was looking for and right there he punched it up on the computer found about a half dozen trucks that fit what I was looking for, and 5 days later or so I was driving down to Bracebridge to pick up my ram:smileup: and I was a little anxious to get down there and was actually there before my truck was ready, no big deal went out for lunch and came back. The salesman was very good he went over all the features in my truck with before I left. So a couple months down the road I wanted to get the remote start put on, none of the dealerships in town said it could be done to a diesel, except one dealership they did one but didn't want to do another for whatever reason, so I called up the salesman I bought my truck off of at Muskoka Chrysler and sure enough they do quite a few of them, so I got them to order the parts, made the appointment and drove back down. So now what am I suppose to do for 1.5 or 2 hours? Well the salesman lent me a vehicle to go grab breakfast as there isn't too much within walking distantce of the dealership.

Now for the downside of my story, you knew it was coming, as part of the deal on my truck I got 5 years of oil changes and a extra year of warranty, for a deal that was too good to turn down (especially if you know how much oil it takes for an oil change), so I brought my truck in for its second oil change in town and the service dept rep comes out and asked if I changed valve caps on my truck, nope they are the ones the truck came with why? Well they broke the valve stem doing the tire rotation, so they would have to replace the Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor (TPMS), okay do what you gotta do, well then they expected me to pay for it. I was unhappy to say the least but I didn't have too much time to argue with the guy so I reluctanly paid for it and was told the light on the dash would go out after driving 5 or 10 min. So after driving my truck for a couple of days the light didn't go out so I was checking the tire pressure and one more of the valve stems broke, so I called em' up and this time dealt with the serivce advisor I usually do and it was no problem until the other service advisor got involved, by the time I came back to pickup my tire I had to pay again, well this time I got into it with the service manager and said it was my fault because they weren't the right tires on the truck, well I told him I wasn't about to wreck the truck because the tires that came on the truck sucked in rain and snow, so I put a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's on. So after arguing with the manager, and a young couple leaving because of it, I convinced him to give me the proper valve caps so this would not happen again, and apparently that was a HUGE deal. So I was talking with both service advisors and let them know I was very dissapointed, and they asked if it was with the dealership or dodge, and I told them both. Well that prompted them to give me the number for Chrysler Canada. So when I got home I called them up and half an hour later they wanted me to contact the selling dealership and so on, well I kindly expressed to them that if this is the customer service dodge has ... well I was cut off right there and asked to be put on hold again, a few short minutes later they asked me to send my invoices down to Windsor, and they would review my case. On the bright side I got a cheque from Dodge a couple weeks later. But to add insult to injury the tire pressure light never did go off so I went to another dealership this time and the TPMS sensor that the first dealership installed the first time, was B.O. and they kindly replaced it free of charge and sent me on my way all the while keeping me informed on what was going on with my truck. Well I know where I will be getting service from for now on.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well that is some story, thanks for sharing that. That must have taken awhile to type, LOL. I have found that the service side of dealerships are far worse to deal with, don't know where they get these guys ! I tend to do my own work (as much as possible) and only go to a dealerships service dept. if absolutely nessessary.

#3 ·
Ya didn't how long it was till I posted, lol I tend to do my own work too but for the price I couldn't pass up the oil changes, tire rotation, etc, and extra year of warranty. Can't wait to do my OWN oil change! Even the service dept at Muskoka was awesome, too bad they are three hours away, or I would be going there more often!

#4 ·
I did not get any free oil changes so I'm doing my own. Already bought a case of Amsoil and an Wix filter. Waiting until I get to 5k before changing. The HEMI takes almost 7 liters :SHOCKED:, I had to look at the manual twice to make sure I read it right !!!!! Glad you found a dealership with a decent service department, I have yet to locate one near me.

#6 ·
Yeah that seems to be how it goes, you have to go through a few bad dealers until you find one that works with you. Thats what we did too, thankfully the good dealer is very close to me, so its a very good situation.

I'm glad that you got more out of Chrysler Canada than I did when I called them and sent them a letter about the problems with a dealer in Burlington

#7 ·
Well it wasn't going very well until I said "if thats they type of customer service dodge has and how it backs its product" then all of sudden there tune changed a little bit, was very pleased to get a cheque in the mail. Sorry to hear about your problems down in Burlington, what happened?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.