DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1500 CC 6.4 ft bed owners - Mopar accessories computer glitch?

701 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  vinstang67 
#1 ·
I think Mopar's computer system for 1500 CC 6.4 ft bed trucks is screwed up at least for accessories. Two different dealer parts counters and Mopar.com all are saying most of the accessories won't fit my truck. This is true whether you just select a 2014 CC 6.4 ft bed or if you input your VIN.

Example: The Bedrug is listed for a QC 6.4 ft bed but not for my CC 6.4 ft bed. In fact there are 8 bed accessories listed for the QC 6.4 ft bed and only 1 listed for my CC 6.4 ft bed. The exact same Bedrug fits both trucks.

I ran into this first trying to shop for Mopar running boards, same deal they are saying there's only 1 running board that fits my truck. This cab length running board also fits the CC with a 5.7 ft bed which makes sense both are CC's. Yet another cab length style running board that's available for the CC 5.7 ft bed truck with the exact same mounting brackets supposedly doesn't fit my CC 6.4 ft bed truck.

Just thought you might want to know.

#4 ·
I was looking for running boards and the Ram logo Bedrug, I can get them elsewhere this was just a public service announcement that Mopar's system is screwed up for this cab/bed configuration.

On the bright side this saved me $225 plus I got a nicer set of running boards :smileup: I purchased the cheaper Mopar running boards last night out of frustration arguing with the parts counter people. But when I got home I found the running boards in the box were completely different than the display running boards they had hanging on the wall.

These have 4 bolts per bracket which I wanted vs 2 bolts per bracket for the running boards they had on display. The display running boards also seem to hang down lower than these which I did not like.

Foot pad close up, again the running boards hanging on the wall had a single long foot pad, these have dual foot pads, I like it!

Close up of the textured coating, these are aluminum running boards by the way.

Here's a close up of the bracket, its not as stout as the 2 bolt bracket on the display running boards, but I think they will be more rigid with the 4 bolt mounting vs 2 bolt. No drilling required, starting in 2013 Ram punched holes for these secondary M6 bolts in the pinch weld. Primary M8 bolts go into the RIV nuts.

Final shot, I think they will look good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.