DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Hemi running Rough after K&N Intake

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  madhatr02 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Joe and I'm new to Ramforumz. I was told this was a good place to get some insight about my 2012 Ram 1500 with the HEMI. I recently put in a K&N intake and the truck was running fine.. recently, however, the engine has been running rough. It almost sounds like its getting too much air. Cold starts in the morning are tough. It sounds like I put a cam in with too big a lift and it has trouble starting but only when its cold. Other times while driving the truck will jump like it receives a burst of air from the intake and then will go back to normal. Anyone have similar issues or know of a solution> Thanks, Joe

#3 ·
What Asur said is good information ^^ Definitely check the air temp sensor to make sure it's plugged in properly and isn't wrecked.

Also, did you disconnect your battery to reset your computer after installing the intake? If not, disconnect the negative, leave it for about 10 minutes, and then hook it back up. It's amazing how many problems that seams to solve when installing aftermarket parts like a CAI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.