DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2014 Ram 1500 software upgrade notice

4K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  stevebel 
#1 ·
I got a notice today from Chrysler "recommending" that I take my 1500 in for a reprogramming of the radio frequency hub module. This has something to do with keyless entry not working properly.

Has anyone else got this notice and if so what were the results of the reprogramming?

Im afraid that sometimes the "cure" is worse than the disease and I have not been experiencing any problems with the passive entry.

#2 ·
same notice

I got the same notice and went to the dealer this past Saturday, but there was a long wait and decided I'll make an appointment in the next week or so. So, haven't had it done yet, but like you, haven't experienced any issues (yet) but I've only had my truck a month.

#4 ·
I just got the notice in the mail this week but my dealer has already completed this recall a couple of weeks ago. It is a quick update and mine went without a hitch.

If you don't have it done your key fob might not work at some point leaving you unable to start your truck.

#18 ·
I just got the notice in the mail this week but my dealer has already completed this recall a couple of weeks ago. It is a quick update and mine went without a hitch.

If you don't have it done your key fob might not work at some point leaving you unable to start your truck.
I better get in ASAP... I went to lunch yesterday and when I was picking up the lil lady, she opened the door and the truck read key fob not detected. I had to restart the truck and all was fine.

#5 ·
I got the notice as well. The other day my truck did not recognize the fob in the truck. I had to push the start button a second time before it would recognize the fob. I'm assuming this is the symptom the reprogramming will fix?

#7 ·
I just made a post about this same thing. It is on 2500's as well.

#8 ·
Was out of town this past weekend and my truck would not recognize my fob. The lock/unlock button on the fob still worked, but the truck would not start unless you pushed the start/stop button with the fob it's self. Also the truck displayed a warning that the fob is no longer in the vehicle. Dropped my truck off this morning to be reprogrammed.

#10 ·
I heard about the software recall on Uconnect, and had it done a few weeks ago, and I don't notice any difference. There is also an update for the EVIC to version 14.05.03, but my dealer doesn't have it yet. I tried to download it and couldn't install it. So, I'm going to wait a few weeks and see if the dealer has the EVIC update then.

#11 ·
got mine today too, i don't have the push to start nor the remote start, just the unlock buttons. it happened 2-3 three times to actually have to push unlock 2-3 times to unlock the doors from very close range. I thought it was just me not being careful to push the right button properly.

#12 ·
Yup, took mine into the stealership this past weekend to get the recalls done. Took about 1.5 hours and went without a hitch. I believe there were 3 things they did on mine, I can't recall what they were exactly

#13 ·
Had the update done yesterday. Only takes 15 -20 minutes.

I had noticed an issue of very short range on the lock/unlock (I do not have push to start or keyless entry) and the remote start range was also very short. Sometimes it would not work 40 or 50 feet away. Hopefully this update will improve that.

#14 ·
I don't have a brand new ram, but something you will all notice about the FOB

When you are parked right in front of some places that have a lot of fluorescent lights & computers, like right in front of a 7/11 store or truck stop travel center
Your FOB may give you problems
Park away from the store front & it works a lot better
I no longer park right in front of stores plate glass windows

#26 ·
A few days ago when I started my truck, right after the engine started, the dash rebooted. I thought the engine did not start or stalled as the gauges went through the boot up cycle like when you first turn your key to run. But the engine was still running. Weird. It has only happened that one time in 2500 miles. Related? I hope that is all it was. When I got home the recall notice was in the mailbox. I drove straight to the dealer and they did the flash. Mine is lock/unlock only. No remote or push button start. It sounds like anyone with a fob/sentry key is getting this notice.

#28 ·
I haven't got any notice yet, guess it's a trip to the dealer so they can check my vin to see if there are any recalls.
Have to go in anyways, see if they have heard anything back from Chrysler about my front bumper not lining up.:doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.