DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Small lift for 98 ram 1500 Recommendations?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  erm 
#1 ·
I am sick of searching and coming up empty with the exact question I am seeking. So, I have a low mileage 1998 Ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.2. I have a set of Factory 20’s off of a 2001 Dodge that I like, since I hunt and go through trails to get to back in the woods, It also spends some good time on the highway, so I am looking at AT tires. Well I also want to lift it a couple of inches. There are plenty of 2” to 2.5” lift kits for cheap, but which ones do you recommend? I see Skyjacker D201K kit has new front springs instead of spacers, Any advantage? Anybody have a Good tire size in 20” that would look good in this scenario?

Thanks!

~HJ

G
#4 ·
I'd go with a kit that doesn't use spacers and employs springs with a taller height. I've ridden in trucks with both set ups and the kits with springs drive and ride a lot nicer.

You might want to check out the Skyjacker kits. They have a good rep and their kits look to be complete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.