DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anything better than RCX or BDS out there?

749 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DAA 
#1 ·
Ordered a '13, 1500 last night. Will be my first IFS truck. Starting to think about maybe doing a 4" lift on it, rather than just leveling w/Bilsteins.

Just be looking to put 35x12.50's on it, nothing big, but it will see a lot of real off road use.

Browsing the forum, all I'm seeing is RCX or BDS. I'd like something better than either of those.

Nothing against RCX. I've installed them on Jeeps for friends. For the money, their stuff is fine. Just not good enough for "my" purposes, is all.

Big Dick's... Ehhh, I do have something against them. Had a terrible experience dealing with them and their supposed "you break it we replace it" guarantee. Had one of their track bars break in half on me. Took a month of BS to even get an answer from them. When all was said and done, they not only did not replace it but they kept my broken track bar because I wouldn't pay shipping AGAIN to have them ship it back. So I not only didn't get my track bar replaced, I paid shipping to lose my broken one! All I can say, is "Efff BDS". They'll never see another penny from me.

And, really, again, for the money, BDS stuff is fine, but again, not really good enough for me.

So, anyway, anything better out there? It looks like Icon makes a nice setup for about $4k. Anyone running it? I know Carli makes decent stuff for the 2500's, but not sure about the 1500's?

How about CV's and half shafts? Anyone making good long travel harsh duty parts for these trucks?

Has to be more out there I'm not even aware of, since I've never really paid any attention to IFS parts before.

- DAA

See less See more
#2 ·
Check out kore off road. There the guys mopar went to to design the mid travel suspension on the ram runner. 4x4 with 14 inches of travel in the front, And 14 in the back with 4" of lift able to fit 35x12.5's. same kit was made for non 4x's for about half the price. Kore makes high angle cv's as well, but your going to pay a lot for anything by kore.
Not really sure on what your trying to do with your truck, just giving you a kit that's not just for lifting.

#4 ·
zone makes a nice 4'' lift, a kore kit is completely un needed unless doing extreme off roading. or you have money to burn

#5 ·
#6 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the leads. The KORE and Pure Performance stuff is exactly what I was wanting to see.

Not a fan of Zone stuff... It's just Big Dick''s with cheaper hardware, bushings and lousy powdercoat, from what I've seen.

- DAA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.