DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rust proofing?

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Maine Ram 
#1 ·
Is anybody using any aftermarket rust proofing? I would like to keep this truck from rotting out like my other one did.

#8 ·
What year was your other truck? 2014's are guaranteed for 100,000 miles against corrosion. Plus today vehicles they say it's not worth the cost or eefort since bodies are galvanized & zinc coated.
Guaranteed for complete rust through, holes, will not cover surface rust. There are a lot of Rams and Chevs under 5 years old with rusty tailgates, bottom of doors, rockers and fenders. $120.00 per year for krown is cheap insurance, unless you plan on selling before 5 years.

#3 ·
I just bought three cans off Fluid Film off Amazon for ~$33 and plan to coat the undercarriage a bit.

#7 ·
i use fluid film,fluid film is lanolin based so it won't cause swelling of rubber components .I buy it in 5 gal pails.i don't trust anyone else to oil my vehicles been their done that,never had anyone do a through job!

#9 ·
do yourself a favour and take a little road trip to Niagara Falls Canada and get your truck to the Krown dealer.

#12 ·
I'm moving to a coastal area next week, and will probably fluid film the underside metal of the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.