DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Front bumper ideas?

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  double0ram 
#1 ·
I just recently purchased a '99 1500 laramie SLT 4x4 ext cab. The previous owner had smashed the front end in pretty well, and I want to build a steel bumper to replace the bent one. I want somethin sturdy enough to blast a deer but don't want it to be too heavy. I was just looking to see if anyone had any good designs they'd like to share? I do not plan to install a winch but anything will help. Thanks!

#3 ·
what kinda bumpers are you lookin at? like the road armor bumpers, or some tube style pre-runner bumpers? heres the tube pre-runner fenders i built for my truck

the rear bumper has a reciever hitch built in and the lisence plate has a bracket that slides into the reciever hitch

#6 ·
i understand this post so well.... mines not smashed up but man does it droop. in one hand you spend a grand for a hefty one, and the other hand you have that narly prerunner bumper ( deff in love with mr lopars). so im going a diff route... bought a 06 bumper off craigslist and having some brakets fabbed up to mount it on my 2000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.