DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fog Lights not working??

13K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  RamTech 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone, Today on the way home from work I noticed that the light on the left hand side beside the speedometer, wasn't coming on when it was dark enough for the head lights to come on. But the head lights were on. So I figured I'd wait until tonight when it was dark out to see if it was just not dark enough out to make the light come on.
Well, that light doesn't come on anymore and my fog lights don't work anymore either???
Anyone have any ideas what I should check??
BTW I had the truck in for it's first oil change. and at the same time had the winter tires put on and an alignment done Could they have accidently hit something to stop the lights from working?
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Tom

One other thing i have tried was pressing the square switch to the lower left of the headlight switch. It turns a yellow light on in the lower instrument panel that looks like would indicate that the fog lights were on. But they still don't work.

#4 ·
So I figured I'd wait until tonight when it was dark out to see if it was just not dark enough out to make the light come on.
Just an FYI so you don't have to wait until dark to do your testing, you can cover up the light sensor at the center-right of the dash and at the base of the windshield. I added a couple of pics to point it out.

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door Windshield
Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Family car City car

#6 ·
There are several possibilities as to what's wrong here. The bulbs themselves, TIPMCGW, instrument cluster, headlamp switch, the data bus or power and ground wires to the lights. You can check the J15, M39 and M53 fuses in the TIPMCGW but I doubt this is your problem. I presume the truck is still under the 3/36k warranty, so let the dealer handle the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.