DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Important Service Recall

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Thunderhorse 
#1 ·
Just figured I would let anyone know that might be in the dark and didnt get a notification. I got the attached service recall in the mail today announcing that there are some 2005 Rams that have been recalled for pinon nut issues. I called my general manager friend to touch base on it and he siad there is nothing they can do as of yet. So in the mean time just crawl under and see if you have any slop in the pinon shaft or if the nut seems loose.

If you start to hear any strange noise definitely get to a dealership but until then they are in a holding pattern.

See less See more
#2 ·
here it is

Just the Facts:
•The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened an investigation into an estimated 260,000 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup trucks after consumer complaints of rear differential failures.
NHTSA on Saturday said it has received 15 complaints alleging that the rear differential locked up or the driveshaft separated at the rear connection to the differential in the affected trucks.
•"The reports indicate that there was little or no noise or other warning prior to the lock-up and/or separation," the agency said.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/fed...complaints-of-rear-differential-failures.html

Reactions: Kamanhart
#7 ·
Wow, I thought this was just a 4th gen issue. I remember that one being resolved shortly (like a few weeks) before my truck was built, but my dad had the recall performed on his 2009.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.