DODGE RAM FORUM banner

NEW uConnect Update Available! (v13.38.52)

52K views 230 replies 101 participants last post by  JAZL41 
#1 ·
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO UPDATE:

- The extracted update file (swdl.iso).
- A BLANK USB thumb drive (at least 1GB).
(Make sure there are no other files on it.)

DOWNLOAD UCONNECT UPDATE 13.38.52

- Official uConnect Update Site:

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do
(If the above site is used, you must make sure to run the self-extracting .exe which you've downloaded, and put the extracted .iso file onto the USB drive!)

OR

- RA3 8.4A (Without Navigation):
https://mega.co.nz/#!HpJmFYyL!aCqb6VkVpFUS3sppfkpzHi_oDbl6kveOHurzODPBbko

- RA4 8.4AN (WITH Navigation):
https://mega.co.nz/#!H1xQzZ4T!fNv7QnRW-bz3c1f3qBF9R3LDQrE-PLZF9x0aXpMBfiA

(Please DO NOT share these links outside of this forum!)

Once you transfer the software update file (swdl.iso) to the USB drive, follow the instructions (attached below) to begin installation process.

The update should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

SOME ANSWERS TO THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

- Make sure if you download the file from a link other than the official uConnect site that you download the proper file for your radio (RA3 or RA4).
- If the update seems to stop around 40% on the Air Card Update (Unit 10), this is normal. It is a big part of the update. BE PATIENT!
- If your radio reboots at all during installation, this is fine. It should reboot and continue the installation process.
- You may notice some settings missing at first, but they will come back shortly (usually within a few minutes).
- Give the radio up to 24 hours to allow it to communicate with other modules and restore everything to how it was.
- Should anything go wrong, you can restart from the beginning.

Most Noticeable Changes/Fixes (Full Changelog Below)

- Outbound texting from many phones.
- Addition of mirror dim on/off control.
- Pop up menu enabled for Voice Recognition.
- Simplified layouts for apps.
- General Nav improvements.
- Song shuffle recalls properly on restart.
- Screen is much more responsive.
- 3G icon has blue halo around it.

FULL Change Log (Issues Addressed)

· Radio reset, screen lockup, blank screen or sluggish system response time.
· Compass indicator turns off.
· Touch screen shut down message.
· Radio surround sound will not stay ON.
· Driver memory feature causes Sirius XM failure
· Loss of radio presets.
· Battery drain - due to radio remains on.
· Uconnect apps don't load.
· AM/FM popping noises and/or static.
· Backup camera display is blank.
· Compass direction may be incorrect.
· Vehicle's Icon changes on the navigation map.
· Loss of vehicle position on NAV map.
· “Vehicle Phone Requires Service” message appears.
· Nav turn-by-turn enhancements.
· Nav map guidance enhancements.
· Nav text overlaps in detour menu.
· Nav map, vehicle location enhancements in areas with low GPS signals.
· Navigation shows vehicle in San Antonio, TX.
· Screen only displays startup Logo.
· Screen Half Black Half White after update.
· Radio locked up after attempting to update with a corrupted or incorrect USB update stick.
· Phone/Navigation Overlay Screen Freeze (WK only).
· Heated seat controls through radio do not function/display correctly during startup.
· Speed controlled volume not functioning correctly.
· Steering Wheel Control operation corrected at startup.
· Tuner mutes on startup.
· HD now defaults to 'OFF' for reduced complaints about 'channel switching'.
· "LO” temps displayed upon each vehicle start.
· HMI Lock up in SXM mode after ignition cycle.
· Voice Recognition (VR) enhancements.
· Point of interest screen locks up.
· Error message when plugging in iPod.
· Balance/fade setting changes after ignition cycle.
· Clock enhancements.
· Phone book enhancements.
· Rear climate control display frozen.
· Translation enhancements.
· Erratic pop ups in HMI.
· Added Teleprompter.
· Bluetooth, phone, iPod, auto streaming, connecting/disconnecting enhancements.
· Phone quality and pairing enhancements.
· Audio control locked after using VR feature.
· Travel link enhancements.

See less See more
#5 ·
Made an appointment with the dealer for this Friday to let them do this.
No way I'm messing with the heart of this beast.

#9 · (Edited)
Downloaded and installed. In order to get this download you have to be on the site in internet explorer, chrome or firefox will not work. The site does a great job of giving you detailed instructions of how to get this onto a memory stick and will give you very nicely detailed instructions of how to perform the upgrade on the stereo.

Install was smooth as silk, zero issues coming from 13.19.0.
Changes I've noticed from 13.19.0
-the redial and end call buttons are now full green and red.
-larger font for time and details on the status bar.
-larger font and layout for the ipod and sdcard section of the radio.
-quicker response for ipod and sdcard when searching or forwarding and backing up songs.
-Volume seems equalized now for radio and SDcard/ ipod. for the better I will add.

I haven't had the chance to play with much else but this is what I messed around with.

#12 ·
Interestingly enough, after going to the "view instructions" or "begin update process" page (and yes using IE), the UConnect update site doesn't change for me. Can't view instructions (tho I have them saved from previous update) and I can't begin the update process....

#14 ·
As a follow up - cleared all browsing history in my IE & then UConnect site worked. But, after reading changes posted by Stump3R (thanks btw!), I'll wait and see what happens .... as I like having all of the customizable options. If they've been moved somewhere else & someone notices this change...please let us all know.

#18 ·
Perhaps some of those options will restore after a cellular update? I know if you replace or reload the radio, the apps take up to an hour to return....guess we'll see.

#21 ·
Apps will come back after a while, still no 'new' uconnect apps though.

I didnt lose any features for the lighting, remote start, engine off etc, Its all still there on mine. Only thing I lost on the update was my FM radio presets.

I noticed:

-The red/green call and hang up buttons.

-You can turn the auto dimming mirrors off from the first 'settings' page.

-The phone transfer works better, if you answer with your phone the truck
wont pick up the call. Also if you hit the 'transfer' button the radio wont stay on until you hang up.

-USB drive music loads much quicker with 4000 or songs.

-'Shuffle' stays on now with USB when you shut off and restart, only time the shuffle turns off by itself is if you browse to a song and play it. I can live with that.

-The signal strength for uconnect apps button is a little easier to see and the little 3G icon is highlighted now.

-HD FM doesnt fade in and out like it was doing, HD was almost unusable around here. The regular FM on weaker stations still isnt that great but less popping and other weird noises, have to get in the boonies to see if its really any better.

I never really had any major issues with 3.19, just some occasional bluetooth and iphone hiccups, but so far this looks pretty good. If anything I'm happy the shuffle stays on when restarting with a USB stick :)

#22 ·
Sorry I couldn't answer sooner since the first post...

Most settings that may look like they're lost should come back within 1-24 hours.

The uConnect system is designed to reload all settings and presets over time. Just like when (if) you updated TO 13.19.0, the apps button was gone (replaced with "settings") for a little bit until everything refreshed - then it returned.

I am working on getting the RA4 and RA3 files hosted on a filehosting provider so it would be direct download.

#24 ·
Stump3r you say that the engine off lighting options as well as remote start comfort features are gone after the update! So you mean that if you want the heater or AC to turn on with remote start that will no longer happen? If that's the case I'm not sure I want this update! Please clarify! Thanks.

#29 ·
Right after the update all those were gone, HOWEVER! They are all back now, looks like it took the system a good hour to finish resetting. All the options are back now just like there were.
It's a good update!

#27 ·
I lost some of those features mentioned, but I'm hoping they come back.

I noticed the dimming mirror under controls now :)

3G icon on the Apps is nice...

I'm hoping the XM update will improve the quality and reduce the gaps, drops, etc.

#28 ·
Well I was told this update was focused on fixing the radio crackle. After my update I couldn't wait to go for a ride and find out. Went out for about twenty minutes and didn't hear one pop or crackle. Actually I think the radio sounds better than before. And my messaging is working again. I think someone cracked the whip to get things straightened out on these units. Pretty happy so far. I did notice when I was in messaging and I clicked on VR button The pretty voice on the radio said I would have to purchase that app on the Uconnect store. Yeah, I don't think so.

#31 ·
As other's I went from 13 items in my main settings screen to just 8 after the update. After the update was finished, I started my Ram & let it idle for a few minutes then went back into settings and I had all 13 of my options back just like it was before.

Some of the things I noticed: 1) Some minor cosmetic updates. 2) The addition of the ability to disable the mirror dimming. 3) A very useful "Search" option under the media Browse selection. 4) Typing in the Navigation mode is much quicker.

I didn't get a chance to try out the radio part but saw that HD Radio & Satellite were units that got updated.

The only negative thing that I would complain about is that I did loose all of my AM/FM presets (but not my Satellite presets). They didn't come back. Since that is my only complaint, I am happy with the update.

#70 · (Edited)
problems

Anyone have problems? I tried to download this twice from two different browsers (one of which successfully downloaded 13.19) and I got a "System product mismatch, stick contains VP4 but target is VP3" error during my attempted installation.

Any ideas?

UPDATE

After research, I can only guess that VP4 is for the RA4 / 8.4AN radios and VP3 is referring to the RA3 / 8.4A radio that I have. I'll have to wait for someone to post the right version for me because the uconnect site is crap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.