DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Bayou Goat Mounts - Ram Truck GPS/Cell Phone/Radar Detector Mounts

Notices

Bayou Goat Mounts - Ram Truck GPS/Cell Phone/Radar Detector Mounts Bayou Goat Mounts has designed the only mount made specifically for the  2009-2014 Ram Trucks. Our mount gives you the ability to mount your GPS, Cell Phone, or Radar Detector at the best possible spot on your Ram Truck Dash. With easy installation using factory screws already on your dash, this mount gives you a low profile look with easy access. Check out our sleek looking mounts at: bayougoatmounts.com

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
4GoatsOnly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadow1974 View Post
How are you going to go about securing the wires? I really hate having my charge cable running from the rear of the console (want power all the time) to the front and up the dash to the mount. Just looks so messy.
And I've ordered a camera too, so that's going to be another cable running... I wish they put always on USB jacks in that holder at the top of the console... LOL
Hey friend from Canada, just wondering how long did it the mount take to get from the Bayou Country all the way to Nova Scotia? I mailed it on a Wednesday the 15th.

Now on the wire issue. I guess I need to see about hardwiring mine in to. It makes it look clean without having all the wires hanging. I think the pick from Senior Member BAC n Black looks sharp.

bayougoatmounts
Old 02-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bac n Black View Post
Just installed mine also; very impressed with the quality. Had my GPS hardwired.
Now that makes a clean looking install. Need to find the time to do my own. Looks so much better without all the wires. I have two wires I need to hide a GPS and Radar Detector. Yours looks cool and clean...

Thanks again for the pic.
Duane at Bayou Goat Mounts

bayougoatmounts
Old 02-20-2014, 06:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Gold Pearlcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:38
rcmpvet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GoatsOnly View Post
Hey friend from Canada, just wondering how long did it the mount take to get from the Bayou Country all the way to Nova Scotia? I mailed it on a Wednesday the 15th.

Now on the wire issue. I guess I need to see about hardwiring mine in to. It makes it look clean without having all the wires hanging. I think the pick from Senior Member BAC n Black looks sharp.
I know you asked this of SShadow1974, however here is my tracking information. As you can see it is all clean and straight forward, no delays in the system.

2014/02/1718:02WELLANDItem successfully delivered to recipient's front door

09:19WELLANDItem out for delivery

08:58WELLANDItem processed at local delivery facility Learn More The item has arrived at the destination facility for final sorting before delivery. Look for an "Out for Delivery" scan today or tomorrow to know when delivery will occur. You can also sign up for email notifications.

2014/02/1411:16MISSISSAUGAItem processed

2014/02/1312:14MISSISSAUGAItem processed

08:53MISSISSAUGAItem was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing

08:52MISSISSAUGAItem has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

2014/02/1021:29USMIAA,USAInternational item processed in originating country

21:29USMIAA,USAInternational item has left originating country and is en route to Canada

2014/02/0821:29
International item mailed in originating country
Old 02-20-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
How are you going to go about securing the wires? I really hate having my charge cable running from the rear of the console (want power all the time) to the front and up the dash to the mount. Just looks so messy.
And I've ordered a camera too, so that's going to be another cable running... I wish they put always on USB jacks in that holder at the top of the console... LOL
What you see there is an extra long power cable, I can shorten that by pulling it a bit behind the console. There is a lot of room behind the console/radio, once you get the trim off. I am plugged into the lighter socket nearest the driver and I can secure the wire behind the console to any other wire harness, the plug will just dangle if I unplug. There is no wire running up the front of the dash.

As for the one wire you see going to the windshield, that is for the GPS, I can easily drop that into the dash through one of the vents and then back up into the mount area. FYI, when you remove the rubber pad from the mount area there are two holes there that you can put wire through, one is 2X bigger than the other and in any event you can always nip off the rubber tabs that go into those holes.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:53 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:131
SShadow1974 will become famous soon enoughSShadow1974 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, mine was about the same time as RCMPVet... No more than two weeks, definitely.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:56 AM

SShadow1974 will become famous soon enoughSShadow1974 will become famous soon enough

Where do you bring it out from behind the console in order to plug it in? I guess I should just take a good look at my console and see what I can see. What I would LOVE to do, is tap the cable into 5v behind the console so I don't have to plug it into the cigarette lighter.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Where do you bring it out from behind the console in order to plug it in? I guess I should just take a good look at my console and see what I can see. What I would LOVE to do, is tap the cable into 5v behind the console so I don't have to plug it into the cigarette lighter.
I wish it was me but that is Senior Member Bac n Black that has it hard wired in. His pic is a few replies down. When I find the time I will do the same. Just looks better with no wires.

Duane at Bayou Goat Mounts

bayougoatmounts
Old 02-21-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
For the plug itself it comes out at the driver's side of the console, nearest the socket. For the connection to the unit I have it coming out just behind the trim piece itself, you have to remove the trim first. There are three screws, the two where you attach the mount and one more on the lower right side (passenger) where there is just a little cubby beside the radio knob, the screw is at the back (#20 torx). You do not have to remove the knobs or anything, they are all a contained unit.

When you lift the rubber pad on top (RAM) for the mount you will see the two holes that you can feed wire.

For hardwiring all you would have to do is bring the wire over to the fuse relay, find a 12V source with 5 amp fuse that is only hot when ignition is on.

EDIT - Did not read your post that closely, if you require a 5V source then you might have to use the stock plug that comes with the unit as that is most likely where the voltage is regulated. Disregard the 12V, 5 Amp. In that case you might have to wire in a spare 12V socket and hide it behind the dash where you can then plug in the unit itself.

Last edited by rcmpvet; 02-21-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Additional clarification
Old 02-21-2014, 11:04 AM

Yeah, I have to find that 3rd screw on the passenger side. I have the 110v accessory plug and a cubby above that. I'm thinking it might be in the cubby.
When you remove the console, does it just come off, or is there clips? Pull it straight back? or wiggle it? I just don't want to break anything. Did you have to use a tool to pry it?
Maybe I just need to find a video on YouTube... LOL
I just swapped my 55w low beams with 65w bulbs... I'm not sure I have the tenacity to attack the console today - but maybe tomorrow. But I really want to hide those cables!
Old 02-21-2014, 12:53 PM

That third screw is at the back of that cubby above the 115V. For a removal tool I just used a baseboard removal tool I had.

Here is a video on a 2013, they do not mention the third screw, but the 2014 has one. The tool he uses is similar to what I used.

Once you pop the top there are two other clips about 3/4 of the way down on each side, the bezel will just pop out. You have to tilt the bezel and radio controls forward from the top. I just left the controls plugged in but they can be unplugged for a complete removal.